BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The seventh president of Florida Atlantic University is John Kelly.
Just announced by FAU:
John Kelly, Ph.D., was selected today as Florida Atlantic University’s seventh president by the University’s 13-member Board of Trustees.“Today marks a great day in the history of FAU,” said Anthony Barbar, chair of FAU’s Board of Trustees. “We are proud of our selection of Dr. Kelly as our leader, and we are confident that his vision will guide FAU to its next level of greatness.”Kelly has been the vice president of economic development at Clemson University, where he was tasked with developing and implementing university policy, strategic planning, hiring strategies, communication and budgeting.“I am privileged to have been selected as the next president of FAU,” said Kelly.
“It was a long and open process, and I am honored that the Board of Trustees unanimously chose me to lead FAU.”Since January 2007, Kelly has served as executive director of the Clemson University Restoration Institute, where he built a highly collaborative team to educate students and direct research in energy systems. In addition, he had overall responsibility for the public service mission of the university and served as the State of South Carolina agency head of “Clemson University Public Service Activities” including the S.C. Experiment Station, Clemson University Cooperative Extension Service, Regulatory Services and Livestock Poultry Health, with programs in 46 counties.
Kelly also oversaw Clemson University Undergraduate Service Learning and had administrative responsibility of numerous Institutes and Centers.Kelly earned his doctoral and master’s degrees from The Ohio State University and his bachelor’s degree from Clemson University.Kelly succeeds Mary Jane Saunders, Ph.D., who stepped down as FAU’s sixth president in May 2013.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Parents Fear Masked Kids Will Be Bullied In School
- Boca Raton Man Claims 800-Pack-Rat Sold His Stuff When Credit Card Expired
- Florida Teachers Slam DeSantis, Call On Him To Listen To Medical Professionals
- BREAKING: Palm Beach County Reinstates Mandatory Masking In Public Buildings
- SCARED SCHOOL BOARD: We Obtain Private Email From Member Fearing Gov. DeSantis
- Area Veterinarian Pleads Guilty To Taping Self Being Intimate With Dog
- Fire, Identify, Publicly Ridicule Unvaccinated: Here’s What Florida Readers Are Saying
- FUNERAL HOME ERROR: Lists Boca Raton Man As Single, Was Actually Married
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent