BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Don't knock security at Boca Raton's Town Center Mall. The sedgway-driving uniformed “mall cops” made quite a discovery earlier this week which we just learned led to a response by the Boca Raton Police Department.
Mall security — perhaps accidentally, perhaps using their law enforcement training — stumbled upon some sort of writing on two pillars in the Bloomingdale's parking garage.
We don't know if CSI:TownCenterMall used high tech equipment to investigate the “writing” or determine if it was some sort of secret message dating back to the 1800s, but according to a police report, it was a “black marker, possibly a sharpie.”
How they determined it was “possibly a sharpie” we'll never know. We also don't know if investigators will now track down everyone who purchased a black Sharpie recently around Boca Raton to determine who is responsible.
We hear your question, BocaNewsNow.com readers: “why not look at surveillance video? Certainly there must be surveillance video in the parking garages at Boca Raton Town Center Mall!”
But as we reported in August following a car burglary, the garage cameras cover just a small part of the mall's parking area — and apparently are never pointing where crime or vandalism takes place.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected
- Boca Raton’s Jill Davis Charged With DUI, Nearly Three Times Legal Limit
- Boca Raton’s Timothy Werner Refuses DUI Test, Jailed
- Boca Raton’s Moise Gadoury Jailed, Didn’t Register As Sex Offender