DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Just in to the BocaNewsNow.com newsroom — a Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Deputy shot and killed a man lunging towards him in the area of the Colony Development on Military Trail. The Deputy is okay.
On Tuesday, February 4, 2014, at 8:22 pm, three PBSO deputies encountered a naked black male at the entrance of Colony Development, 143rd Place and South Military Trail, Delray Beach. The black male appeared to be in a state of psychosis. Deputies tried to reason with the male. The male took a fighting stance and immediately charged one of the deputies and the fight was on. One deputy deployed his Taser which had no effect. PBSO deputy in fear of his life and the life of his partners discharged his firearm three times striking the suspect. The suspect fell to the ground. After being shot, the suspect continued to flail and try to get up. PBC Fire Rescue arrived attempted to treat the suspect. He again continued to flail and fight. He was finally subdued and transported to Delray Medical Center where he passed away.
Prior to our deputies’ encounter with the suspect we learned he had two previous unprovoked encounters with two separate individuals. The first encounter was an older gentleman (victim 1), location is still to be determined, he badly beat the victim and ran off. The second encounter was with an 18 year old male (victim 2). Victim 2 advised deputies that the suspect immediately attacked him and tried to bite him in the face. Victim 2 tried to fight off the suspect with a sharp object. A 10 year old boy (victim 3), in the area, was injured while trying to flee from the violent suspect.
Victims 1, 2 & 3 were taken to Delray Medical Center for treatment. Both were badly beaten but expected to survive.
We are still in the process of identifying the suspect and notifying his next of kin
One PBSO deputy is on paid administrative leave which is standard department protocol.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Aggravated Assault With Deadly Weapon Charge
- COVID-19: Boca, Delray Restaurant Horror Stories As CDC Says Eating Inside Is Bad Idea
- COVID-19 Reported In Boca Middle, Spanish River High, West Boca High
- Police Cam Captures Takedown Of Former Campaign Official
- Masks Still Required In Palm Beach County Schools
- CAUGHT ON TAPE: Man Beats Dog In Boynton Beach, Police Investigate
- STABBING ON THE HIGH SEAS: Florida Man Sentenced For Using Gun, Knife On Captain
- WEATHER: Palm Beach County May Feel Lows Around 70
- West Boca Raton High School Student Tests Positive For COVID-19