BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County School District this morning is thanking Citibank for its continued support of the Palm Beach County Academic Challenge.
From the School District:
Citibank has been a valuable Partner In Education (PIE) with the School District for a number of years offering workplace banking services and resources that benefit our students, schools and employees. Tracey Mularchyk, Relationship Manager at Citibank, recently engaged in collaboration with The Department of Secondary Curriculum and awarded $5000.00 to sponsor the Palm Beach County Academic Challenge.
The Challenge included more than 100 students from 16 high schools that competed in a number of academic subjects. Over three days, students from the participating high schools competed in elimination-style rounds with the top six teams meeting for a fourth day championship round. Citibank’s financial support helped offset the costs of the local tournament. It will also send the Palm Beach County All-Star Team to compete against other districts in the State Commissioner’s Academic Challenge in Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort in April 2014.
“Citibank is committed to our communities and public education. We were able to support the Academic Challenge through a grant that was awarded to the Education Foundation of Palm Beach County. Supporting our children today will make for a brighter tomorrow,” said Ms. Mularchyk.
According to Jimmy Peterkin, District Business Partnership Coordinator, “The involvement of businesses like Citibank helps significantly increase student achievement in Palm Beach County schools. Thank you to Citibank for being an important PIE with The School District of Palm Beach County.”
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Woman Sues, Says Dunkin’ Coffee Cup Collapsed
- More Dead, More Infected In Florida As COVID Spread Continues
- Now 140 COVID-19 Cases In Palm Beach County Schools
- HURRICANE CENTER: South Florida Near System’s Path
- West Boca Raton’s David Cohen Jailed On Money Laundering, Fraud Charges
- UPDATE: DISTANCE LEARNING COULD END IN JANUARY, PALM BEACH SCHOOLS ISSUES STATEMENT
- Florida Dept. of Ed. Calls Rumor Of “Distance Learning” Ending “False Narrative”
- FLORIDA COVID: 5,489 New Infections Reported, Highest One Day Total In Weeks
- HURRICANE CENTER: New System Could Affect South Florida