BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — It is a step in the right direction today for Boca Raton Regional Hospital's credit rating — reaffirmed at BBB- with an outlook upgrade by the Fitch Rating firm.
Direct from the Hospital:
Officials at Boca Raton Regional Hospital today announced that Fitch Ratings has affirmed the Hospital’s Investment Grade credit rating of
BBB-, while concurrently upgrading the organization’s rating outlook from Stable to Positive.
“We are extremely gratified to see our efforts recognized in such a meaningful way,” said Jerry Fedele, President and CEO at Boca Regional. “Fitch’s latest rating and improved outlook is reflective of the substantive progress we have made in a host of operational areas over the course of the last 18 months.”
In Fitch’s analysis, which was released on February 14, the rating agency cited a number of key factors that drove their conclusions. Included were:
• An improving financial profile that showed the Hospital posting a positive operating margin for Fiscal Year 2013 and an increase in net patient service revenue of 8.3 percent.
• Strong physician recruitment that has resulted in a net gain of 27 physicians since 2012 in key service lines. In turn, this deeper physician base has played an important role in the Hospital seeing its inpatient volume increase by 5.3 percent in the first quarter of Fiscal Year 2014.
• Exceedingly strong philanthropic support that resulted in gifts averaging $28 million a year over the past three years.
The Fitch report also highlighted a number of other positive balance sheet indices, as well as the Hospital’s strategic affiliations with the North Shore-LIJ Health System and Moffitt Cancer Center as significant factors in their determination.
Additionally, Fitch commented that should Boca Raton Regional Hospital end Fiscal Year 2014 with a positive operating margin, an upgrade in its credit rating would be likely.
“This achievement is a direct result of the determination and focus our physicians, nurses, support staff and volunteers applied when we established a challenging set of goals for them in Fiscal 2013,” said Fedele. “It’s important to emphasize, however, that while we have realized success financially, we have also provided a level of care that continues to garner national accolades for its quality. I’m extremely proud of our people in their ability to maintain that critically important balance.”
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CAUGHT ON TAPE: Man Beats Dog In Boynton Beach, Police Investigate
- STABBING ON THE HIGH SEAS: Florida Man Sentenced For Using Gun, Knife On Captain
- WEATHER: Palm Beach County May Feel Lows Around 70
- West Boca Raton High School Student Tests Positive For COVID-19
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive
- COVID-19: Huge Spike In Flu-Related ER Visits In Palm Beach County
- COVID-19: DUI Arrests Surge As Phase 3 Begins, Boca, Delray, Boynton Bars Reopen
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”