BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Kiwanis Club of Boca Raton is proud to sponsor the 2nd Annual Kiwanis Club Scholarship Walk on Saturday March 8 at Lynn University. Registration for this event begins at 8 a.m. and the walk steps off at 9 a.m. This event will raise money within the George Snow Scholarship Fund to provide higher education opportunities for homeless students. There are more than 1,600 homeless students in our area, making them among the most vulnerable and neglected members of our community.
The Kiwanis Club of Boca Raton sponsors and offers guidance to more than 800 youth in our area. The Kiwanis Club facilitates Key Clubs, CKI and Builders Clubs at many local schools to develop leaders of the future. The 2014 Kiwanis Scholarship Walk and partnership with the George Snow Scholarship Fund will provide seed monies for higher education to be utilized by local students who do not have the benefit of a stable home. Honorary Chairs for this event are Pam and JC Perrin.
“Our scholarship gives deserving high school students hope for their future,” said Helen Babione, Kiwanis Club of Boca Raton board member. “We are proud that one of our 2013 scholarship recipients has started a new life in college and is succeeding with a 3.6 GPA. We encourage everyone to turn out for the 2014 walk to help provide more students with higher education opportunities.”
The 2nd Annual Kiwanis Club of Boca Raton Scholarship Walk takes place on Saturday, March 8 at Lynn University in Boca Raton. Registration starts at 8 a.m. and the walk begins at 9 a.m. Participants should enter campus through the West Gate on Potomac Road. Fruit, snacks and water will be available, as well as musical entertainment and warm-up exercises led by the ROD SQUAD. For more information on how to get involved with the Kiwanis Club Scholarship Walk, please call the Kiwanis Club of Boca Raton at 561-702-0506 or visit http://www.bocaratonkiwanis.com.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: New System Could Affect South Florida
- INCREASE: Now 129 COVID-19 Cases In Palm Beach County Schools
- Vice Mayor Robert Weinroth Announces Increased Funding For Park Rangers
- Camera Off May Mean “Asbsent” In Palm Beach County Schools
- Wendy Sartory Link, Palm Beach Elections Supervisor, Won’t Answer Mail-In Ballot Questions
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: More Than 33,000 People File Official Records Online, Setting Record
- Florida Withholding COVID-19 Infection, Death Report For Wednesday
- Palm Beach County Extends Mask Order
- School Board Meeting: More Than 500 To Comment On Holocaust Questioner Rehire