BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County School District is canceling all after school activities today due to the threat of very bad weather throughout the entire county.
A tornado watch remains in effect for Palm Beach County through 7pm with a secondary alert from the National Weather Service calling for strong thunderstorms:
A SIGNIFICANT WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT FOR EASTERN BROWARD COUNTY… EASTERN MIAMI-DADE COUNTY… PALM BEACH COUNTY… NORTHEASTERN UPPER KEYS IN MONROE COUNTY…
A LINE OF STRONG TO SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS IS RAPIDLY APPROACHING THE MIAMI… FORT LAUDERDALE… AND WEST PALM BEACH COUNTY METROPOLITAN AREAS. THIS WILL BE STRONG… POTENTIALLY DAMAGING… WINDS INTO THE REGION BETWEEN 230 AND 330 PM EST. A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING MAY BE NEEDED SHORTLY.
A TORNADO WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 700 PM EST THURSDAY EVENING FOR SOUTHERN FLORIDA.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Miami Beach Assault Leads To Massive Haul Of Guns In Broward County
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates
- Seven Bridges Homeowner Sentenced To Six Years In Federal Prison
- CDC Says All School Students Should Wear Masks Indoors, School District Ignores
- CDC Expected To Tell Floridians To Mask Up, Even If Vaccinated
- Four “High Priority” Violations For Ben’s Kosher Deli In West Boca Raton
- Man Who Claims To Be Worth $27M Again Refuses To Pay Dinner Check
- Lyndsey Kennedy, Found In Delray Drain In March, Now Jailed
- SEVEN BRIDGES: Swingers, Seniors Fight Stability For Soul Of Community