BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County School District is canceling all after school activities today due to the threat of very bad weather throughout the entire county.
A tornado watch remains in effect for Palm Beach County through 7pm with a secondary alert from the National Weather Service calling for strong thunderstorms:
A SIGNIFICANT WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT FOR EASTERN BROWARD COUNTY… EASTERN MIAMI-DADE COUNTY… PALM BEACH COUNTY… NORTHEASTERN UPPER KEYS IN MONROE COUNTY…
A LINE OF STRONG TO SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS IS RAPIDLY APPROACHING THE MIAMI… FORT LAUDERDALE… AND WEST PALM BEACH COUNTY METROPOLITAN AREAS. THIS WILL BE STRONG… POTENTIALLY DAMAGING… WINDS INTO THE REGION BETWEEN 230 AND 330 PM EST. A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING MAY BE NEEDED SHORTLY.
A TORNADO WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 700 PM EST THURSDAY EVENING FOR SOUTHERN FLORIDA.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Huge Jump In Florida COVID Cases
- POTTY PROBLEM! High Profile Boca Building Sends Tenants To Porta-Johns
- Thieves Targeting Target Wanted By Police
- Alabama Company Buys Boca Raton Assisted Living Facility
- RIGHT NOW: CVS Has COVID-19 Vaccine In South Florida, Sign Up
- Mizner Country Club Sued For Discrimination, Ex-Bartender Claims Sexual Assault
- HURRICANE: First Forecast Set For Early April
- Federal Charges Filed Against Parkland Pediatrician Mizrachy
- POLICE: Woman Abandons Three Children Across Palm Beach County