BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County School District is canceling all after school activities today due to the threat of very bad weather throughout the entire county.
A tornado watch remains in effect for Palm Beach County through 7pm with a secondary alert from the National Weather Service calling for strong thunderstorms:
A SIGNIFICANT WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT FOR EASTERN BROWARD COUNTY… EASTERN MIAMI-DADE COUNTY… PALM BEACH COUNTY… NORTHEASTERN UPPER KEYS IN MONROE COUNTY…
A LINE OF STRONG TO SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS IS RAPIDLY APPROACHING THE MIAMI… FORT LAUDERDALE… AND WEST PALM BEACH COUNTY METROPOLITAN AREAS. THIS WILL BE STRONG… POTENTIALLY DAMAGING… WINDS INTO THE REGION BETWEEN 230 AND 330 PM EST. A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING MAY BE NEEDED SHORTLY.
A TORNADO WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 700 PM EST THURSDAY EVENING FOR SOUTHERN FLORIDA.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Police: Man Slams Car Into Pedestrian, Drags Him To Death
- FLORIDA COVID: Big Jump In New Infections, But It’s Not All Bad News
- Will COVID Shot Be Mandatory For Palm Beach County School Students?
- Strangulation Charge Filed Against Boca Raton Man
- University of Miami Fined $22M For False Billing
- Masks Not On Next Palm Beach County School Board Agenda
- CLAIM: Boca Raton Investment Firm Defrauded Seniors, Took 4.2M In PPP Funds
- POLO CLUB BOCA: Palm Beach County Alleges Building Permit Fraud
- POLICE: Woman Sold Cocaine Near Delray Beach School