BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County School District is canceling all after school activities today due to the threat of very bad weather throughout the entire county.
A tornado watch remains in effect for Palm Beach County through 7pm with a secondary alert from the National Weather Service calling for strong thunderstorms:
A SIGNIFICANT WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT FOR EASTERN BROWARD COUNTY… EASTERN MIAMI-DADE COUNTY… PALM BEACH COUNTY… NORTHEASTERN UPPER KEYS IN MONROE COUNTY…
A LINE OF STRONG TO SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS IS RAPIDLY APPROACHING THE MIAMI… FORT LAUDERDALE… AND WEST PALM BEACH COUNTY METROPOLITAN AREAS. THIS WILL BE STRONG… POTENTIALLY DAMAGING… WINDS INTO THE REGION BETWEEN 230 AND 330 PM EST. A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING MAY BE NEEDED SHORTLY.
A TORNADO WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 700 PM EST THURSDAY EVENING FOR SOUTHERN FLORIDA.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- MASSIVE JUMP: Palm Beach County Schools Now Report 829 COVID-19 Cases
- Boca Center Sues High End Clothing Shop Over $119,000 In Back Rent
- FLORIDA WEATHER: Cold In Boca Raton, Delray Beach, South Florida
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Superintendent Tells Parents Nothing Will Change Second Semester
- WHERE IS SHE? Boca Police Looking For Marilyn Ruddy
- Jewish Family Services In Boca Donated 500 Meals For Thanksgiving
- Chick-fil-A To Open In West Boca Raton, Will Feed 100 Local Heroes Free For A Year
- FLORIDA: DeSantis Says Lockdowns Do Nothing, Social Distancing Not Needed, State Hits 999,319 Infections
- DESANTIS: VIRTUAL LEARNING TO CONTINUE SPRING SEMESTER