BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton High School’s Bobcat Battalion traveled to Orlando March 8, 2014, where they won the Navy Junior ROTC (NJROTC) Florida State Championship. The Bobcats competed against 23 other high school JROTC unit finalists out of 60 units in the state. This is the 6th state title for the Bobcats.
To prepare for this competition, the Cadets began hitting the books, participating in physical fitness training and practicing drill maneuvers two weeks before school started last August.
Cadet Captain Jaymarie Colon-Perez led the Bobcat Battalion to this State Championship. The Cadets finished 1st in Academics, “Armed Basic Drill,” “Unarmed Basic Drill,” and “Overall Drill” and placed 2nd in Personnel Inspection. Cadets Jennifer Menke and Jack Woods took top honors on the Academic Test, placing 1st. The field meet was very tight down to the last two events. It was between the Bobcats Battalion and their rivals, Flanagan High School. The Bobcats ran like the wind to beat Flanagan in the 100 yard and 200 yard relays. When the dust finally settled, the Bobcats prevailed with 1st place overall, and Flanagan 2nd.
“All these efforts have gained the Cadets a well-deserved undefeated year in competition,” said Lieutenant Commander Ken Bingham. “Congratulations to the Cadets and Instructors SCPO Tim Core and CPO Edwin Morales.”
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- KINGS POINT: Convicted Cyberstalker Re-Arrested
- Man In Dominant-Submissive Relationship Submits To Feds, Sentenced To 50 Years
- Free School Supplies Available For 2022-23 Palm Beach County Students
- Boca Raton Mobile Home Destroyed Overnight In Blaze
- SWIMMING? These Area Pools Are Unsatisfactory, Says Health Dept.
- RESTRAINING DISABLED CHILDREN: PB Schools Set To Adopt Policy In Days
- TRAFFIC AHEAD: Expect Delays, Road Closures This Week In Palm Beach County
- KINGS POINT: Another Arrest For Alleged Violent Crime
- SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING IN EFFECT