BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton High School’s Bobcat Battalion traveled to Orlando March 8, 2014, where they won the Navy Junior ROTC (NJROTC) Florida State Championship. The Bobcats competed against 23 other high school JROTC unit finalists out of 60 units in the state. This is the 6th state title for the Bobcats.
To prepare for this competition, the Cadets began hitting the books, participating in physical fitness training and practicing drill maneuvers two weeks before school started last August.
Cadet Captain Jaymarie Colon-Perez led the Bobcat Battalion to this State Championship. The Cadets finished 1st in Academics, “Armed Basic Drill,” “Unarmed Basic Drill,” and “Overall Drill” and placed 2nd in Personnel Inspection. Cadets Jennifer Menke and Jack Woods took top honors on the Academic Test, placing 1st. The field meet was very tight down to the last two events. It was between the Bobcats Battalion and their rivals, Flanagan High School. The Bobcats ran like the wind to beat Flanagan in the 100 yard and 200 yard relays. When the dust finally settled, the Bobcats prevailed with 1st place overall, and Flanagan 2nd.
“All these efforts have gained the Cadets a well-deserved undefeated year in competition,” said Lieutenant Commander Ken Bingham. “Congratulations to the Cadets and Instructors SCPO Tim Core and CPO Edwin Morales.”
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Woman Pepper Sprays Husband As He Disciplines Daughter
- Mizner Park Tenants Sued For Unpaid Rent, Now Planet Blue Faces Eviction
- Police Seek Deerfield Beach Man Wanted For Manslaughter
- Delray Beach Woman Flees Police After Crash, Then Crashes Into Dumpster and Fire Hydrant
- REAL ESTATE WARNING: FAU Professor Says U.S. Housing Market Peaking, South Florida Overvalued
- FLORIDA COVID: State Adds 10,699 New Coronavirus Cases, 98 Deaths
- NO SCHOOL FRIDAY: Palm Beach County Public Schools Closed For Students
- Palm Beach Schools Added 84 COVID Cases Since Thanksgiving Break
- New Jersey Man Jailed, Allegedly Punched Boca Man On Federal Highway