BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The 32nd Annual Boca Raton Heart & Stroke Ball raised $420,000 for research and development programs for the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association. This amazing fundraiser was a pulse pumping celebration coordinated by event chairs Mark and Marilyn Swillinger. The dynamic duo promised a festive night at the Polo Club and they delivered with an array of fun-filled surprises including a rousing live auction and exciting entertainment. The evening also had many touching moments, especially as Honorary Chair Christine Lynn was recognized for her visionary leadership in creating the Christine E. Lynn College of Nursing at Florida Atlantic University (FAU).
“Thanks to the talent, support and generosity of hundreds of people, and numerous sponsors, this night was a tremendous success,” said Marilyn Swillinger. “Through events like this, the American Heart Association secures the critical funding necessary to ensure treatment and prevention efforts for heart disease and stroke.”
During the ball, the guests viewed an informative video detailing some of the impressive highlights of the Christine E. Lynn College of Nursing at FAU.
After the presentation Swillinger commented, “This state-of-the art facility is teaching the next wave of health care providers the delicate balance of art and science that is nursing.”
“We are so proud of the dynamic professionals who will bring care and compassion to those in need, and guide us all in bettering our health with their knowledge and inspiration,” she continued. “We are so impressed by Christine’s vision and leadership in creating this acclaimed institution and for giving us another reason to be proud of the excellence in our community.”
2014 Event Supporters: Bobby Campbell, Louis & Anne Green, Irving & Barbara Gutin, Christine E. Lynn, Bernie & Billi Marcus, Dr. Karen Mashkin -Mashkin Family Foundation, Neiman Marcus, Ocean Properties Limited, Schmidt Family Foundation – Dick & Barbara Schmidt, Bob Sheetz & Debbie Lindstrom, Mark & Marilyn Swillinger, Mark Warren – International Materials Inc., and Elaine J. Wold.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Reckless Endangerment Charges For Non-Mask Wearers?
- South Florida Attorney Charged By Feds For Wire, Securities Fraud
- COVID SURGE FLORIDA: 3259 New Cases, 106 New Deaths, Positivity Heading Up
- BIG JUMP: Now 22 COVID Infections In Palm Beach County Schools
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Aggravated Assault With Deadly Weapon Charge
- COVID-19: Boca, Delray Restaurant Horror Stories As CDC Says Eating Inside Is Bad Idea
- COVID-19 Reported In Boca Middle, Spanish River High, West Boca High
- Police Cam Captures Takedown Of Former Campaign Official
- Masks Still Required In Palm Beach County Schools