CORAL SPRINGS, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A special Easter/Spring holiday event is on the calendar for children with special needs.
From Coral Springs Mall:
Simon Property Group, Inc. (NYSE:SPG), a global leader in retail real estate, is hosting its annual Easter celebration festivities at Coral Square Mall, offering families the chance to participate in both traditional and unique seasonal events.
The Bunny Photo Experience is available now through April 19 in Center Court. Kids will have the chance to visit with the Bunny and take home a treasured snapshot of the fun occasion.
The presenting sponsor for the 2014 Bunny Photo Experience is Gymboree.
“We love to hold family-friendly events at Coral Square Mall and we always look forward to watching children interact with the Bunny at Easter,” said Xiomara Fraga, Director of Marketing and Business Development at Coral Square Mall.
Coral Square Mall’s Caring Bunny™ event will offer families which have children with special needs a subdued environment to participate in the Bunny Photo Experience. Caring Bunny has been developed by SPG and is guided by AbilityPath.org, a national online resource hub and special needs community. Over 80 Simon® properties will host the Caring Bunny this season.
On Sunday, April 13 from 9:30 – 11:30 a.m. in Center Court, many steps will be taken to reduce sensory triggers, creating a more comforting environment for children’s cherished visit with the Bunny. The subdued environment is likely to include (specific elements or aesthetics may vary):
• Turning off in-mall music, stopping escalators located near the photo set, dimming the lights and shutting down fountains for the duration of the event.
• Eliminating queue lines through the use of a numbering system whereby guests approach the set when their number is called.
• Special activities geared toward the needs of the child during the ‘wait’ period to help the child understand what activities will occur during the visit.
The Simon Kidgits Club® will also host a special Easter event on Saturday, April 19 from 9 – 11 a.m. next to the Play Area, where kids can participate in various craft-making activities and games including an egg-citing Easter egg hunt, “SomeBunny Loves Your” crafts and Easter cookie decorating. Participants will receive a Kidgits® Easter bucket and Kidgits bunny ears as a keepsake to take home.
The Simon Kidgits Club is a fun and informative program that focuses on health, wellness, education, safety and entertainment for children ages 3-8. The Simon Kidgits Club has kept children and parents alike amused for over a decade with various events and activities while providing incentives for club members, such as special offers, rewards and games.
For more information about the Simon Kidgits Club and Coral Square Mall’s Easter events, visit http://www.simon.com/kidgits, Facebook.com/CoralSquareMall or Twitter.com/CoralSquareMall.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA LOGS 51,000 COVID CASES OVER THREE DAYS
- Two Seniors Killed In West Boynton Beach Crash
- Kids Are Testing Positive At Boca Raton Area Camps, What Does That Mean For School?
- Here’s How To Remove Your Child From Palm Beach County Schools
- Palm Beach County: Free COVID-19 Testing Available
- READ THE REPORT: New York Governor Andrew Cuomo Sexually Harassed Multiple Women
- Are Boca, Delray Restaurant Workers Wearing Masks? Tell Us, Others
- Woman, Three Times Legal Limit, Asks Boca PD To Help Her Get To Hawaii
- Parents Outraged, Fearful That Palm Beach Schools Won’t Mandate Masks