UPDATE: July 11, 2014: Charges against Steven Potak have been dropped. Read the dismissal letter from the Palm Beach County State’s Attorney right here.
UPDATE: We have received the extremely disturbing probable cause affidavit. Read it. Richard Potak allegedly sexually touched a girl who police say regarding him as a “father figure.” The touching involved all areas of her body. The affidavit of probable cause — click above — is more specific.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Details are forthcoming but BocaNewsNow.com has learned that 48-year-old Richard Potak of Conference Drive is in the Palm Beach County Jail, charged with sexually assaulting a victim between the ages of 12 and 18, and contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
Potak was taken into custody by Boca Raton Police early Sunday morning. He is being held on $60,000 bond.
Check back for updates — we are awaiting the affidavit of probable cause that led to his arrest.
Again, charges have been dropped as of July 11, 2014. Read the letter from the State’s Attorney.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday
- Boca’s Fit Foodz, Quates Mexican Restaurant Both Warned By Health Inspector
- Miami Beach Assault Leads To Massive Haul Of Guns In Broward County
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates
- Seven Bridges Homeowner Sentenced To Six Years In Federal Prison
- CDC Says All School Students Should Wear Masks Indoors, School District Ignores
- CDC Expected To Tell Floridians To Mask Up, Even If Vaccinated
- Four “High Priority” Violations For Ben’s Kosher Deli In West Boca Raton