UPDATE: July 11, 2014: Charges against Steven Potak have been dropped. Read the dismissal letter from the Palm Beach County State’s Attorney right here.
UPDATE: We have received the extremely disturbing probable cause affidavit. Read it. Richard Potak allegedly sexually touched a girl who police say regarding him as a “father figure.” The touching involved all areas of her body. The affidavit of probable cause — click above — is more specific.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Details are forthcoming but BocaNewsNow.com has learned that 48-year-old Richard Potak of Conference Drive is in the Palm Beach County Jail, charged with sexually assaulting a victim between the ages of 12 and 18, and contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
Potak was taken into custody by Boca Raton Police early Sunday morning. He is being held on $60,000 bond.
Check back for updates — we are awaiting the affidavit of probable cause that led to his arrest.
Again, charges have been dropped as of July 11, 2014. Read the letter from the State’s Attorney.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Reckless Endangerment Charges For Non-Mask Wearers?
- South Florida Attorney Charged By Feds For Wire, Securities Fraud
- COVID SURGE FLORIDA: 3259 New Cases, 106 New Deaths, Positivity Heading Up
- BIG JUMP: Now 22 COVID Infections In Palm Beach County Schools
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Aggravated Assault With Deadly Weapon Charge
- COVID-19: Boca, Delray Restaurant Horror Stories As CDC Says Eating Inside Is Bad Idea
- COVID-19 Reported In Boca Middle, Spanish River High, West Boca High
- Police Cam Captures Takedown Of Former Campaign Official
- Masks Still Required In Palm Beach County Schools