UPDATE: July 11, 2014: Charges against Steven Potak have been dropped. Read the dismissal letter from the Palm Beach County State’s Attorney right here.
UPDATE: We have received the extremely disturbing probable cause affidavit. Read it. Richard Potak allegedly sexually touched a girl who police say regarding him as a “father figure.” The touching involved all areas of her body. The affidavit of probable cause — click above — is more specific.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Details are forthcoming but BocaNewsNow.com has learned that 48-year-old Richard Potak of Conference Drive is in the Palm Beach County Jail, charged with sexually assaulting a victim between the ages of 12 and 18, and contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
Potak was taken into custody by Boca Raton Police early Sunday morning. He is being held on $60,000 bond.
Check back for updates — we are awaiting the affidavit of probable cause that led to his arrest.
Again, charges have been dropped as of July 11, 2014. Read the letter from the State’s Attorney.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Feds Arrest Man In Palm Beach County For Election Interference
- Boca Bagel Bar Brawl Lands One Man In Jail
- Palm Beach Schools: Now 1930 COVID Cases As Boca High Surges
- Boca, Delray ICU Situation Remains Poor, COVID Count High
- Boca Raton’s Kyle Ewart Guilty, Possessed Child Images
- Florida Publix COVID Vaccine Appointments Available, Here’s How To Book
- Broward Doctor Stewart Bitman Jailed On Child Solicitation Charges
- Robert Weinroth, Vice PBC Mayor, Blasts Local Vaccine Distribution
- Boca Raton Stopped Key COVID Report Just Before Presidential Election