UPDATE: July 11, 2014: Charges against Steven Potak have been dropped. Read the dismissal letter from the Palm Beach County State’s Attorney right here.
UPDATE: We have received the extremely disturbing probable cause affidavit. Read it. Richard Potak allegedly sexually touched a girl who police say regarding him as a “father figure.” The touching involved all areas of her body. The affidavit of probable cause — click above — is more specific.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Details are forthcoming but BocaNewsNow.com has learned that 48-year-old Richard Potak of Conference Drive is in the Palm Beach County Jail, charged with sexually assaulting a victim between the ages of 12 and 18, and contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
Potak was taken into custody by Boca Raton Police early Sunday morning. He is being held on $60,000 bond.
Check back for updates — we are awaiting the affidavit of probable cause that led to his arrest.
Again, charges have been dropped as of July 11, 2014. Read the letter from the State’s Attorney.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- BREAKING: Man Shot In Head Just South Of Boca Raton, Search Underway
- REWARD: Fatal Shooting South Of Boca Raton, Who Is The Killer?
- WEATHER ALERT: Thunderstorms Moving Into Boca Raton
- LAWSUIT: OFFICE DEPOT SPAMMED CUSTOMERS
- WE ASK: What’s Your Experience With “PackMy RX”?
- Second DUI Arrest In Weeks For Delray Beach’s Scott Fisher
- BABY FORMULA: United Way Offers “Food Finder” Map In Palm Beach County
- Boynton Police Nab Juvenile Attacker, Ask For Other Victims To Come Forward
- Water Rescue At Kings Point After Man Falls In Lake