BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — You may want to stay away from Glades Road east of I-95 on Thursday and Friday as FAU's graduation season hits high gear.
Florida Atlantic University will confer more than 2,890 degrees during its spring commencement ceremonies on Thursday, May 1 and Friday, May 2.
The ceremonies are scheduled for 9 a.m., 1 p.m., and 5 p.m. on both days, in the Carole and Barry Kaye Auditorium, FAU’s Student Union, 777 Glades Road, Boca Raton campus. These students will join more than 136,730 alumni who have graduated from FAU since the university opened its doors in 1964.
Louise Jones Gopher, of the Brighton Indian Reservation in Okeechobee, became the first female member of the Seminole Tribe of Florida to earn a college degree when she graduated from FAU in 1970 with a B.S. in business. She will receive the President’s Distinguished Service Medallion on Thursday, May 1 at 9 a.m. The medallion is awarded to individuals who have rendered service of great value to the University or the community at large.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation
- Boca Raton Man Charged With Driving During Zoom Court Hearing
- Florida’s Turnpike Remains Closed, Tractor Trailer Into Canal In Boynton Beach