BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — You may want to stay away from Glades Road east of I-95 on Thursday and Friday as FAU's graduation season hits high gear.
Florida Atlantic University will confer more than 2,890 degrees during its spring commencement ceremonies on Thursday, May 1 and Friday, May 2.
The ceremonies are scheduled for 9 a.m., 1 p.m., and 5 p.m. on both days, in the Carole and Barry Kaye Auditorium, FAU’s Student Union, 777 Glades Road, Boca Raton campus. These students will join more than 136,730 alumni who have graduated from FAU since the university opened its doors in 1964.
Louise Jones Gopher, of the Brighton Indian Reservation in Okeechobee, became the first female member of the Seminole Tribe of Florida to earn a college degree when she graduated from FAU in 1970 with a B.S. in business. She will receive the President’s Distinguished Service Medallion on Thursday, May 1 at 9 a.m. The medallion is awarded to individuals who have rendered service of great value to the University or the community at large.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected
- Boca Raton’s Jill Davis Charged With DUI, Nearly Three Times Legal Limit
- Boca Raton’s Timothy Werner Refuses DUI Test, Jailed
- Boca Raton’s Moise Gadoury Jailed, Didn’t Register As Sex Offender