NEW YORK, NY (BocaNewsNow.com) — JetBlue (NASDAQ:JBLU) continues its downward decent into arguably one of the worst airlines when it comes to arrivals and departures involving South Florida.
Hundreds of passengers tonight flying flights 1271 and 1371 — from LaGuardia to Fort Lauderdale — are experiencing JetBlue's continued operational disabilities. Flight 1271, originally scheduled to depart at 7:30, is in the midst of at least a three hour delay due to weather that passed through New York 24 hours earlier. JetBlue — according to gate agents — was unable to reposition its planes in the wake of the rain event. By calling the delay a “weather event,” JetBlue avoids providing vouchers to customers.
Flight 1371, scheduled to depart at roughly 9:30, is now delayed 90 minutes because a co-pilot suffered food poisoning. A replacement pilot is being shuttled from JFK to LGA.
FlightAware reports that these flights are routinely delayed. Frequent fliers report that the airline has new excuses for each problem.
We reported last month of a JetBlue crew “timing out” when bad weather delayed the airline's once daily flight to Fort Lauderdale from Austin, Texas. The canceled flights forced Jewish passengers to celebrate the first night of Passover away from family — although the flight was canceled early in the day — at noon. The incident occurred just days before JetBlue pilots voted to unionize.
The crew was “over time” by a reported fifteen minutes — time not determined until the crew sauntered from the in-bound plane after it arrived in Austin.
Florida-bound passengers tonight are expressing their outrage at JetBlue's inability to adhere to a schedule, be honest with customers, and provide vouchers due to its own negligence.
We will publish any response received from JetBlue in reference to its continued operational issues involving its South Florida flights.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: New Phase 3 Orders, Clarifications, Sheriff Ordered To Enforce
- Federal Judge Slaps Delray’s Seven Bridges, Litigants LaGrasso and Tannenholz
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Reckless Endangerment Charges For Non-Mask Wearers?
- South Florida Attorney Charged By Feds For Wire, Securities Fraud
- COVID SURGE FLORIDA: 3259 New Cases, 106 New Deaths, Positivity Heading Up
- BIG JUMP: Now 22 COVID Infections In Palm Beach County Schools
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Aggravated Assault With Deadly Weapon Charge
- COVID-19: Boca, Delray Restaurant Horror Stories As CDC Says Eating Inside Is Bad Idea
- COVID-19 Reported In Boca Middle, Spanish River High, West Boca High