BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A plane full of lawyers from Boca Raton and throughout South Florida heading to a conference in Tampa remains on the ground this morning at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport.
Southwest flight 566 was scheduled to depart at 7a, but BocaNewsNow.com has learned that passengers were told the plane is dented. It is unclear how a plane became dented as it sat overnight at FLL or whether the damage is considered critical.
FlightAware.com shows no departure time has been set.
Southwest isn't confirming the “dent” report — despite announcements reportedly being made on the plane. The airline is telling BocaNewsNow.com via email:
“The delay is due to a minor mechanical issue. We are inspecting the aircraft now and once it's cleared then it'll be able to take off. Our number one priority is the Safety of our Crews and Customers.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike
- Boca Raton Man Arrested Six Times, Now For DUI
- Parkland Man Shot, Killed By Police Identified
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K
- Mask Mandate Extended In Palm Beach County As COVID Spread Continues
- FLORIDA COVID: Infections Increase Again, Positivity Pulls Back Slightly
- Police Dispatcher Arrested For Misconduct
- Local Man Sentenced For Universal Studios Fraud