BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A plane full of lawyers from Boca Raton and throughout South Florida heading to a conference in Tampa remains on the ground this morning at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport.
Southwest flight 566 was scheduled to depart at 7a, but BocaNewsNow.com has learned that passengers were told the plane is dented. It is unclear how a plane became dented as it sat overnight at FLL or whether the damage is considered critical.
FlightAware.com shows no departure time has been set.
Southwest isn't confirming the “dent” report — despite announcements reportedly being made on the plane. The airline is telling BocaNewsNow.com via email:
“The delay is due to a minor mechanical issue. We are inspecting the aircraft now and once it's cleared then it'll be able to take off. Our number one priority is the Safety of our Crews and Customers.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- IT’S ALIVE: Hurricane Hunter Finds Circulation In System Near Florida
- Lotus Boca Raton Homeowner Sued For Spreading Rumors About Neighbor
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week