BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A plane full of lawyers from Boca Raton and throughout South Florida heading to a conference in Tampa remains on the ground this morning at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport.
Southwest flight 566 was scheduled to depart at 7a, but BocaNewsNow.com has learned that passengers were told the plane is dented. It is unclear how a plane became dented as it sat overnight at FLL or whether the damage is considered critical.
FlightAware.com shows no departure time has been set.
Southwest isn't confirming the “dent” report — despite announcements reportedly being made on the plane. The airline is telling BocaNewsNow.com via email:
“The delay is due to a minor mechanical issue. We are inspecting the aircraft now and once it's cleared then it'll be able to take off. Our number one priority is the Safety of our Crews and Customers.”
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected
- Boca Raton’s Jill Davis Charged With DUI, Nearly Three Times Legal Limit
- Boca Raton’s Timothy Werner Refuses DUI Test, Jailed
- Boca Raton’s Moise Gadoury Jailed, Didn’t Register As Sex Offender