UPDATE: 3:38p — The deceased is identified as Andy Foss of “at large,” with a birthdate of 11/23/1979. He is listed as P1 below. The driver of the vehicle that police say hit him is Jack Boone, 12/25/1953, of Delray Beach (V2). No charges have been filed. According to police:
P1 was traveling westbound crossing State Road 7 at the intersection of Sandalfoot Boulevard. V2 was traveling southbound on State Road 7 entering the intersection of Sandalfoot Boulevard under a green traffic signal. As V2 entered the intersection P1 ran into the path of V1 causing a violent collision with the front of V2 and the right side of P1. P1 was knocked to the roadway and came to rest in the intersection south of the collision scene. V2 was brough to a controlled rest in the southbound lanes south of the intersection. P1 was pronounced dead on scene and D2 did not receive personal injury.
UPDATE 7:11a — Fire rescue tells us this was a bicyclist struck and killed by a car.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Expect traffic problems this morning in the area of 441 and Sandalfoot Blvd. following a fatal accident.
PBSO is on the scene and advises Sandalfoot is closed and likely will be for quite some time.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- POLICE: Boca Raton Man Claimed Girlfriend Had Knife, Pills, So Batters Her To Save Her
- FAU Henderson University School Ranked Second In USA For K-5
- Woman Slips On Pool Deck, Sues Boca’s Broken Sound Country Club
- HURRICANE CENTER: Keep An Eye On Growing System East Of Florida
- FEDS: Local Man, “Dandy Daddy,” Sentenced To Eight Years In Prison
- Flanigan’s Boca Raton Cited For Flying Insects
- GAS LEAK: Airport Road In Boca Raton Closed
- STRAIGHT OUTTA KINGS POINT: Stalking, Murder Threat Charges Filed
- COVID Cases Rise In Palm Beach County School District