BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida Atlantic University will commemorate Constitution Day with a series of events on Wednesday, Sept. 17 from 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. The events will take place in Democracy Plaza, located adjacent to the Culture and Society Building, 777 Glades Road, Boca Raton campus. All events are free and open to the public.
“It is important to remember the wisdom and bravery of the 39 men that signed the Constitution in 1787,” said Kevin Wagner, Ph.D., associate professor of political science and director of the Jack Miller Forum at FAU. “And it is important to reflect on how our lives are affected everyday by the principles enshrined in this document.”
The Constitution Day opening ceremony will take place at 11 a.m. This will include a Presentation of Colors, the National Anthem, opening remarks presented by Wagner, followed by a presentation from the Honorable Dave Aronberg, state attorney for Palm Beach County and a former member of the Florida Senate.
The second annual Robert J. Bailyn Symposium on the First Amendment Panel will take place at 12:30 p.m. with the topic “The First Amendment and Campaign Finance Reform.” Along with Wagner, panelists also include Frank Cerabino of the Palm Beach Post; Anthony Mann from the Sun Sentinel; and Tim Lenz, Ph.D., professor of political science at FAU.
Constitution Day events are sponsored by the Jack Miller Forum; the Vice President for Student Affairs; New Student and Owl Family Programs; the School of Communication and Multimedia Studies; the Dorothy F. Schmidt College of Arts and Letters Department of Political Science; and the Dean of Undergraduate Studies.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- WATCH Former Trump Campaign Official Get Tackled By Fort Lauderdale Police
- CAUGHT ON TAPE: Man Beats Dog In Boynton Beach, Police Investigate
- STABBING ON THE HIGH SEAS: Florida Man Sentenced For Using Gun, Knife On Captain
- WEATHER: Palm Beach County May Feel Lows Around 70
- West Boca Raton High School Student Tests Positive For COVID-19
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive
- COVID-19: Huge Spike In Flu-Related ER Visits In Palm Beach County
- COVID-19: DUI Arrests Surge As Phase 3 Begins, Boca, Delray, Boynton Bars Reopen
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections