BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Media Advisory) — Hammock Pointe Elementary School parents will have the chance to attend KidSafe’s (www.kidsafefoundation.org) Sexual Abuse Prevention Workshop on Tuesday October 14, 2014. The Workshop will be held from 6:30-7:30 PM. Don’t miss this important night of safety to help prevent abuse, bullying, abduction, peer pressure and online safety issues.
The KidSafe for Parents seminar is a very powerful and important night for ALL parents, guardians and anyone who cares about the safety of children.
• 1 out of 4 girls and 1 out of 6 boys will be sexually exploited before the age of 18
• 90% of the time this action is by someone they know and trust.
While this statistic is very scary, KidSafe educates parents with “tools” to keep our children safe and how to talk to our children without frightening them. You will learn how to empower your children with personal safety skills. FREE child care will be provided during this event for all Kindergarten-5th
“I believe that the entire package of what the KidSafe program brings to our students, parents & teachers are life lessons that will help to keep and save many, many children from harmful
situations. Empowering our children through the skills taught in this program will make their life a safer reality. Education is the key in prevention and can play a huge part in academic
growth, social development and emotional balance. KidSafe needs to be a part of every school’s curriculum. Schools must prioritize Child Safety in this world of ours NOW…..2014!” said Joni Webster, Guidance Counselor for Hammock Pointe Elementary School.
“It is amazing for us at the KidSafe Foundation to provide Sexual Abuse Prevention Workshops to adults and help to break the cycle of silence that surrounds issues of child sexual abuse. Child abuse is an epidemic when 1 in 4 girls and 1 in 6 boys will be sexually exploited before they reach the age of 18. We can change these statistics with education and that is what KidSafe is about…but we can’t do it without the incredible support from our
donors, grantors, supporters and the schools who are so grateful to have KidSafe provided to them.” said Sally Berenzweig, Cofounder of KidSafe Foundation.
About The KidSafe Foundation
KidSafe is a 501c3 nonprofit founded in 2009 by Sally Berenzweig MEd, MA and Cherie Benjoseph LCSW – child safety experts, mental health professionals, educators, authors, public speakers, and moms on a mission to keep all children safe from child abuse, bullying and internet dangers. www.kidsafefoundation.org
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation