BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — 32-year-old Diogo Oliveira of Greenwhich Court in West Boca Raton is dead this morning following a late night one car crash on Palmetto Park Road near Toledo Road.
According to the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office:
Diogo Oliveira was westbound on Palmetto Park Road, west of Toledo Road, in the outside lane. He was traveling at a speed well above the posted 50 mph speed limit. The roadway was wet from a recent rain shower and the tires on his 2012 Infiniti had low tread depth. Oliveira lost control of the Infiniti and the vehicle struck and mounted the raised center median. The right front of the car impacted with a tree and rotated in a counter clockwise direction as it moved in the southwest direction. The left rear of the car then impacted with a second tree. The vehicle came to rest in the center median against the second impacted tree. Impairment is not believed to be a factor in this crash. Diogo Oliveira was transported to Delray Medical Center where he was pronounced dead.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TURNPIKE CLOSED: Gas Pipeline Erupts, Detours Near Lake Worth
- NUMBER GAMES? COVID-19 Deaths High In Florida As DOH Says Positivity Low
- COVID-19 INFECTION: Boynton Elementary Student First In School District To Test Positive
- URGENT: Delray Beach Police Seeking Missing Woman
- COVID DEATHS SOAR: Florida Logs 223 Deaths On Tuesday
- Palm Beach County School District COVID Dashboard Already Questioned, Numbers Dropped
- TRAFFIC HAVOC: Palmetto Park Road To Close
- Guilty Plea From Delray Chiropractor Richard Davidson Came Just Months After Feds Moved In
- BOXED: Some Children Boxed In Boca Schools, Others Roam Freely During COVID