BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton Regional Hospital is tops when it comes to safety, at least according to its latest “A” grade from an independent healthcare safety group.
From Boca Regional:
Boca Raton Regional Hospital is the recipient of an “A” grade in the latest Hospital Safety Score® ratings, administered by The Leapfrog Group, an independent, national nonprofit organization focused on healthcare safety and accountability.
Issued biannually, the Hospital Safety Score — calculated under the guidance of a six-member panel representing such institutions as Johns Hopkins and Harvard — uses 28 measures of publicly available hospital safety data to produce a single grade representing a hospital’s overall success in keeping patients safe from infections, injuries, and medical and medication errors.
The fall 2014 report used information from 2013 and assigned “A,” “B,” “C,” “D” or “F” grades to 2,520 general hospitals in the United States, with less than a third earning an “A” grade. As part of the top rating, Boca Regional earned a perfect score of 100 in the categories “Staff Follows Steps to Make Surgery Safer” and “Right Staffing to Prevent Safety Problems.”
“Ensuring a safe and satisfactory stay for each and every one of our patients is a primary component of Boca Regional’s commitment to providing exceptional, patient-centered care,” said Jerry Fedele, President and CEO of Boca Regional. “Our ‘A’ rating from The Leapfrog Group recognizes the continued success of our entire team of doctors, nurses, staff and volunteers in fulfilling that commitment.”
For more information about the Hospital Safety Score or to view the list of state rankings, please visit http://www.hospitalsafetyscore.org.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boynton Beach Resident Matthew Guntle Killed In Crash
- Ferrari Sues, Wants Its $400k Car Back From Palm Beach County Man
- West Delray Beach Resident Jailed On DUI Charge
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospital Count Under 300
- Coast Guard Looking For Plane South Of Boca Raton
- Boynton’s Neil Goldman Killed In Bicycle Crash On Lyons Road
- Palm Beach County Schools Paid Full Price For Massive Chromebook Order
- Boynton Beach Man Held On $50K Bond For Obscene Material Viewing, Sending
- KINSA: Palm Beach County Drops From Critical To High Risk