BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton Regional Hospital is tops when it comes to safety, at least according to its latest “A” grade from an independent healthcare safety group.
From Boca Regional:
Boca Raton Regional Hospital is the recipient of an “A” grade in the latest Hospital Safety Score® ratings, administered by The Leapfrog Group, an independent, national nonprofit organization focused on healthcare safety and accountability.
Issued biannually, the Hospital Safety Score — calculated under the guidance of a six-member panel representing such institutions as Johns Hopkins and Harvard — uses 28 measures of publicly available hospital safety data to produce a single grade representing a hospital’s overall success in keeping patients safe from infections, injuries, and medical and medication errors.
The fall 2014 report used information from 2013 and assigned “A,” “B,” “C,” “D” or “F” grades to 2,520 general hospitals in the United States, with less than a third earning an “A” grade. As part of the top rating, Boca Regional earned a perfect score of 100 in the categories “Staff Follows Steps to Make Surgery Safer” and “Right Staffing to Prevent Safety Problems.”
“Ensuring a safe and satisfactory stay for each and every one of our patients is a primary component of Boca Regional’s commitment to providing exceptional, patient-centered care,” said Jerry Fedele, President and CEO of Boca Regional. “Our ‘A’ rating from The Leapfrog Group recognizes the continued success of our entire team of doctors, nurses, staff and volunteers in fulfilling that commitment.”
For more information about the Hospital Safety Score or to view the list of state rankings, please visit http://www.hospitalsafetyscore.org.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation
- Boca Raton Man Charged With Driving During Zoom Court Hearing
- Florida’s Turnpike Remains Closed, Tractor Trailer Into Canal In Boynton Beach