BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton Regional Hospital is tops when it comes to safety, at least according to its latest “A” grade from an independent healthcare safety group.
From Boca Regional:
Boca Raton Regional Hospital is the recipient of an “A” grade in the latest Hospital Safety Score® ratings, administered by The Leapfrog Group, an independent, national nonprofit organization focused on healthcare safety and accountability.
Issued biannually, the Hospital Safety Score — calculated under the guidance of a six-member panel representing such institutions as Johns Hopkins and Harvard — uses 28 measures of publicly available hospital safety data to produce a single grade representing a hospital’s overall success in keeping patients safe from infections, injuries, and medical and medication errors.
The fall 2014 report used information from 2013 and assigned “A,” “B,” “C,” “D” or “F” grades to 2,520 general hospitals in the United States, with less than a third earning an “A” grade. As part of the top rating, Boca Regional earned a perfect score of 100 in the categories “Staff Follows Steps to Make Surgery Safer” and “Right Staffing to Prevent Safety Problems.”
“Ensuring a safe and satisfactory stay for each and every one of our patients is a primary component of Boca Regional’s commitment to providing exceptional, patient-centered care,” said Jerry Fedele, President and CEO of Boca Regional. “Our ‘A’ rating from The Leapfrog Group recognizes the continued success of our entire team of doctors, nurses, staff and volunteers in fulfilling that commitment.”
For more information about the Hospital Safety Score or to view the list of state rankings, please visit http://www.hospitalsafetyscore.org.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Sinai Residences Breaks Ground On Phase Two
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Off South Florida To Bring Rain, May Develop
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS CLEANING CRISIS: Principal Tells Teachers To “Make Solution Of Soap And Water”
- No Wipes For First Graders: We Obtain Principal Email About Palm Beach School Cleaning
- Palm Beach School Board Member Calls Reopening Plan “Wrong,” Is Praying
- Palm Beach Schools: Wipes Shortage, Mask Shortages, Teachers Scared For Monday
- TEACHERS: Palm Beach County Parents Don’t Understand Where They’re Sending Kids
- Boynton Beach Woman Jailed, Tried To Smuggle Drugs Into Jail
- FLORIDA COVID: Palm Beach Pediatric Positivity 13.9 Percent As Schools Open