BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Media Advisory) — Florida Atlantic University presents “Writing and Publishing Your First Book” on Wednesday, Nov. 12 at 7 p.m. in the Live Oak Pavilion of the Student Union, 777 Glades Road, Boca Raton campus. The event, which is free and open to the public, will include a panel-style discussion of the pitfalls and pleasures of getting your first book published. Panelists include award-winning writers Jaswinder Bolina, David Poissant, and Julie Marie Wade.
Bolina is author of the books “Phantom Camera,” winner of the 2012 Green Rose Prize in Poetry from New Issues Press, and “Carrier Wave,” winner of the 2006 Colorado Prize for Poetry from the Center for Literary Publishing at Colorado State University. His work has appeared in numerous U.S. and international literary journals and in The Best American Poetry series. His work has also appeared in The Baffler, Pleiades, Southeast Review, Another Chicago Magazine, The Huffington Post, The State, and other venues.
Poissant is the author of The Heaven of Animals: Stories and his work has appeared in The Atlantic, The Chicago Tribune, Glimmer Train, The New York Times, One Story, Playboy, Ploughshares, The Southern Review, and in the New Stories from the South and Best New American Voices anthologies. He teaches in the MFA program at the University of Central Florida.
Wade is the author of two collections of lyric nonfiction, “Wishbone: A Memoir in Fractures” and “Small Fires;” two collections of poetry, “Without” and “Postage Due: Poems & Prose Poems;” the creative nonfiction book “Tremolo: An Essay;” and the newly released “When I Was Straight: Poems.” She teaches in the creative writing program at Florida International University.
The event is part of FAU’s Off the Page Literary Series, which is presented by FAU’s Department of English with support from Chris and Lori Fleuhr. For more information about the series or to receive a brochure with information about all the events, contact Mary Sheffield at 561-297-2974 or visit www.fau.edu/english.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Federal Trial Set For March In Seven Bridges Delray Discrimination Case
- FREE MONEY! Palm Beach County Tax Collector Releases Latest Unclaimed Funds Report
- Connecticut Man Claiming He Was Coming From Mar-A-Lago Arrested In Boca Raton
- Missing Child Found In Broward County, Reunited With Family
- RODENT DROPPINGS AT ANTHONY’S COAL FIRED PIZZA LEADS TO FORCED CLOSURE
- REMINDER: School Boundary Meeting Tonight, Middle, High School Students May Be Moving
- Noah Galle, Parents, Sued Again After Crash Leaves Six Dead in Delray Beach
- City Of Boca Raton Street Parade Tonight, Roads Will Close
- Prosecutors Drop Case Against Boca Raton’s Michael Civitella