BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We are awaiting confirmation from the Department of Justice — unlikely to come on Thanksgiving — but Jose Lambiet on his Gossip Extra Site reports that the FBI raided the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office earlier this week, possibly investigating alleged civil rights violations by the department.
Make no mistake: while Gossip Extra may sound like a celebrity-esque website, Lambiet is a legitimate journalist and gets it right.
PBSO Sheriff Ric Bradshaw is having a particularly difficult year and is under scrutiny for what can best be described as “bizarre” decisions of late, including the removal of the public jail “booking blotter.” The blotter, removed apparently to settle a score with the Palm Beach Post, was restored to public view after a week of bad press. The Post asked Bradshaw why his jail routinely removed booking information involving law enforcement officers.
We asked the same question a year ago when Boca Raton Police arrested a DHS agent, yet PBSO neglected to release his booking photo until several Freedom of Information Act requests were filed.
It is unclear if the Department of Justice is looking solely at police involved shootings — as Lambiet’s article suggests — or is taking a broader look at PBSO.
Bradshaw has served as elected Sheriff since 2004.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive
- COVID-19: Huge Spike In Flu-Related ER Visits In Palm Beach County
- COVID-19: DUI Arrests Surge As Phase 3 Begins, Boca, Delray, Boynton Bars Reopen
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected