BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We are awaiting confirmation from the Department of Justice — unlikely to come on Thanksgiving — but Jose Lambiet on his Gossip Extra Site reports that the FBI raided the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office earlier this week, possibly investigating alleged civil rights violations by the department.
Make no mistake: while Gossip Extra may sound like a celebrity-esque website, Lambiet is a legitimate journalist and gets it right.
PBSO Sheriff Ric Bradshaw is having a particularly difficult year and is under scrutiny for what can best be described as “bizarre” decisions of late, including the removal of the public jail “booking blotter.” The blotter, removed apparently to settle a score with the Palm Beach Post, was restored to public view after a week of bad press. The Post asked Bradshaw why his jail routinely removed booking information involving law enforcement officers.
We asked the same question a year ago when Boca Raton Police arrested a DHS agent, yet PBSO neglected to release his booking photo until several Freedom of Information Act requests were filed.
It is unclear if the Department of Justice is looking solely at police involved shootings — as Lambiet’s article suggests — or is taking a broader look at PBSO.
Bradshaw has served as elected Sheriff since 2004.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- POLICE: Boca Raton Man Claimed Girlfriend Had Knife, Pills, So Batters Her To Save Her
- FAU Henderson University School Ranked Second In USA For K-5
- Woman Slips On Pool Deck, Sues Boca’s Broken Sound Country Club
- HURRICANE CENTER: Keep An Eye On Growing System East Of Florida
- FEDS: Local Man, “Dandy Daddy,” Sentenced To Eight Years In Prison
- Flanigan’s Boca Raton Cited For Flying Insects
- GAS LEAK: Airport Road In Boca Raton Closed
- STRAIGHT OUTTA KINGS POINT: Stalking, Murder Threat Charges Filed
- COVID Cases Rise In Palm Beach County School District