BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We are awaiting confirmation from the Department of Justice — unlikely to come on Thanksgiving — but Jose Lambiet on his Gossip Extra Site reports that the FBI raided the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office earlier this week, possibly investigating alleged civil rights violations by the department.
Make no mistake: while Gossip Extra may sound like a celebrity-esque website, Lambiet is a legitimate journalist and gets it right.
PBSO Sheriff Ric Bradshaw is having a particularly difficult year and is under scrutiny for what can best be described as “bizarre” decisions of late, including the removal of the public jail “booking blotter.” The blotter, removed apparently to settle a score with the Palm Beach Post, was restored to public view after a week of bad press. The Post asked Bradshaw why his jail routinely removed booking information involving law enforcement officers.
We asked the same question a year ago when Boca Raton Police arrested a DHS agent, yet PBSO neglected to release his booking photo until several Freedom of Information Act requests were filed.
It is unclear if the Department of Justice is looking solely at police involved shootings — as Lambiet’s article suggests — or is taking a broader look at PBSO.
Bradshaw has served as elected Sheriff since 2004.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Air Traffic Slowed Along Eastern Seaboard, Balloon To Be Shot Down
- TRIAL SET IN SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY BEACH CASE, MAGISTRATE BLASTS HOA ATTORNEYS
- Shooting In Boca Reserve Not Criminal, According To Police
- Boca Raton Woman Faces Six Years In Federal Prison On Illegal Boating Indictment
- Boca Raton Man, On Moped, Killed In Crash
- Jewish Man Ordered Off Delta Flight From Fort Lauderdale To NYC Over Hat
- MAN SAYS HE WAS SHOT IN HEAD BEHIND AURA APARTMENTS IN BOCA RATON
- Delray Beach Woman Charged With Neglect After Toddler Abused, Images Uploaded
- Boca Raton Man Tries To Avoid, But Kills, Hollywood Man Illegally Crossing Street