December 11, 2014.
UPDATE 1:56p: PBSO says this is now a fatal accident — Robin Pace had died. Witnesses are asked to call CrimeStoppers at 800-458-TIPS.
UPDATE: From PBSO, here is the narrative and names of those involved.
Driver 1 (D1) driving Vehicle 1 (V1) Holley Stables of Wellington in a 2011 Infiniti.
Driver 2 (D2) driving Vehicle 2 (V2) Robin Pace of Boca Raton driving a 1994 Oldsmobile.
V1 was within the left turn lane on southbound SR7 at the intersection of Central Park Blvd. N. wanting to turn left onto Central Park. V2 was traveling northbound on SR7 within the outside lane of travel. As V2 was passing through the intersection it was struck on the driver’s side by V1. This caused V2 to go into a counterclockwise side slip. V2 was redirected onto the east shoulder. As it went onto the shoulder, it was sideways. This caused V2 to flip onto its passenger side. V2 then slid to final rest. During the crash sequence the driver of V2 was not wearing his seatbelt and was ejected from V2. He was taken to Delray Medical Center.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — This horrific accident at 441 by West Boca Medical Center is causing traffic havoc throughout West Boca Raton this morning. 441 Northbound is shut from Palmetto Park Road. East bound Palmetto Park Road is backed up more than a mile west from 441, and westbound Palmetto Park Road is also experiencing huge delays for drivers east of 441.
The accident scene — at 441 across from the entrance to Boca Woods — is the scene of several major accidents each year. It is unclear at this point what led to the critical crash.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Kids Are Testing Positive At Boca Raton Area Camps, What Does That Mean For School?
- Here’s How To Remove Your Child From Palm Beach County Schools
- Palm Beach County: Free COVID-19 Testing Available
- READ THE REPORT: New York Governor Andrew Cuomo Sexually Harassed Multiple Women
- Are Boca, Delray Restaurant Workers Wearing Masks? Tell Us, Others
- Woman, Three Times Legal Limit, Asks Boca PD To Help Her Get To Hawaii
- Parents Outraged, Fearful That Palm Beach Schools Won’t Mandate Masks
- Is Florida Gov. DeSantis Blocking CDC From COVID Data?
- CITY OF DELRAY BEACH REQUIRES EMPLOYEES TO SHOW VAX PROOF