December 11, 2014.
UPDATE 1:56p: PBSO says this is now a fatal accident — Robin Pace had died. Witnesses are asked to call CrimeStoppers at 800-458-TIPS.
UPDATE: From PBSO, here is the narrative and names of those involved.
Driver 1 (D1) driving Vehicle 1 (V1) Holley Stables of Wellington in a 2011 Infiniti.
Driver 2 (D2) driving Vehicle 2 (V2) Robin Pace of Boca Raton driving a 1994 Oldsmobile.
V1 was within the left turn lane on southbound SR7 at the intersection of Central Park Blvd. N. wanting to turn left onto Central Park. V2 was traveling northbound on SR7 within the outside lane of travel. As V2 was passing through the intersection it was struck on the driver’s side by V1. This caused V2 to go into a counterclockwise side slip. V2 was redirected onto the east shoulder. As it went onto the shoulder, it was sideways. This caused V2 to flip onto its passenger side. V2 then slid to final rest. During the crash sequence the driver of V2 was not wearing his seatbelt and was ejected from V2. He was taken to Delray Medical Center.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — This horrific accident at 441 by West Boca Medical Center is causing traffic havoc throughout West Boca Raton this morning. 441 Northbound is shut from Palmetto Park Road. East bound Palmetto Park Road is backed up more than a mile west from 441, and westbound Palmetto Park Road is also experiencing huge delays for drivers east of 441.
The accident scene — at 441 across from the entrance to Boca Woods — is the scene of several major accidents each year. It is unclear at this point what led to the critical crash.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely, Florida Should Watch
- Delray Woman Sues, Says Dunkin’ Coffee Cup Collapsed
- More Dead, More Infected In Florida As COVID Spread Continues
- Now 140 COVID-19 Cases In Palm Beach County Schools
- HURRICANE CENTER: South Florida Near System’s Path
- West Boca Raton’s David Cohen Jailed On Money Laundering, Fraud Charges
- UPDATE: DISTANCE LEARNING COULD END IN JANUARY, PALM BEACH SCHOOLS ISSUES STATEMENT
- Florida Dept. of Ed. Calls Rumor Of “Distance Learning” Ending “False Narrative”
- FLORIDA COVID: 5,489 New Infections Reported, Highest One Day Total In Weeks