BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Even in the end, Radio Shack isn’t getting it quite right. The Radio Shack just north of Palmetto Park Road on 441 is in closeout mode, but even the sole worker there says he has no idea how much items are. It seems no one updated the pricing throughout the store, meaning that prices in bankruptcy are a mystery until an item is scanned.
What’s left? Not much. If you’re looking for diodes, transistors and wire, you’re in luck. If you’re looking for deals on iPhones and computers, no chance. There are a few toys, a few robot kits and batteries, but otherwise, you’re too late.
Radio Shack filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection on Friday. Virtually all South Florida stores are slated to close.
Editorial Note: It is a sad day. We fondly remember spending hours as a kid combing the shelves of Radio Shack to build our latest electronic gadget or gizmo. And while it pre-dates the internet as we know it now, our T-102 laptop (shown) still exists in 2015.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TROPICAL WAVES EAST OF FLORIDA GROWING, HURRICANE CENTER WATCHING CLOSELY
- STUNNING FORM TO BE APPROVED BY PALM BEACH COUNTY SCHOOLS
- ROTELLI BOCA RATON: “MOLD-LIKE SUBSTANCE” LEADS TO WARNING
- Complete Update On Hurricane Ian Recovery Efforts In Florida
- IS NEW TROPICAL WAVE FOLLOWING HURRICANE IAN’S PATH?
- I-75 Now Open, But FHP Warns Of Other Road Closures Due To Hurricane Ian
- Delray Beach Man Arrested For Boating Under The Influence
- NEW TROPICAL SYSTEM: 70 Percent Chance New Wave Becomes Depression East Of Florida
- I-75 COMPLETELY CLOSED DUE TO HURRICANE IAN