NEW YORK, NY (BocaNewsNow.com) — Despite a never ending flow of South Florida passengers traveling to New York City’s three airports, today’s airplane accident involving a Delta flight is unlikely to be loaded with South Florida flyers.
Delta flight 1086 originated this morning in Atlanta before sliding off the runway at New York’s LaGuardia airport. There are several non-stops scheduled this morning from both PBI (Palm Beach International) and FLL (Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International).
There are no reports of injuries at this point. The MD-88, which carries approximately 150 passengers, slid off runway 4 at LGA which is covered with snow. The airplane is now apparently leaking fuel.
LGA is now closed — it is expected to remain closed until 7pm.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Broward Crash Backs Up Traffic Into Boca Raton
- Rocco’s Tacos Delray Beach Ordered Closed By Health Inspector
- SECURITY ALERT: Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport Evacuated
- HAMMER TIME: Boca Raton Woman Allegedly Hits Husband On Head With Hammer
- Body Found On Side Of Palm Beach County Road, FHP Asks For Tips
- Body Found In North Broward Burning Car
- Boomers Boca Raton Sued Again, Another Go-Kart Claim
- KINGS POINT ARREST: Man Allegedly Burglarizes Neighbor, Is Hit With Baseball Bat
- NEED A JOB? Palm Beach County School District Sets Major Hiring Event