NEW YORK, NY (BocaNewsNow.com) — Despite a never ending flow of South Florida passengers traveling to New York City’s three airports, today’s airplane accident involving a Delta flight is unlikely to be loaded with South Florida flyers.
Delta flight 1086 originated this morning in Atlanta before sliding off the runway at New York’s LaGuardia airport. There are several non-stops scheduled this morning from both PBI (Palm Beach International) and FLL (Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International).
There are no reports of injuries at this point. The MD-88, which carries approximately 150 passengers, slid off runway 4 at LGA which is covered with snow. The airplane is now apparently leaking fuel.
LGA is now closed — it is expected to remain closed until 7pm.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- BREAKING: Shots Fired In Boca Raton
- Health Inspector Cites Local McDonald’s For Insects, Garbage
- Boca Raton Woman Pulls Gun On Former Israeli Defense Force Soldier
- TURNPIKE CRASH UPDATE: Victim Of Fender Bender Killed When Hit Near Glades Road
- Generator Company Reviews: Tell Us About Your Experience In Palm Beach County
- United Way Of Palm Beach County Raises $433K For Non-Profit Workers
- FLORIDA TURNPIKE CLOSED: Critical Crash Northbound Near Glades Road
- HURRICANE CENTER: Keep An Eye On The Wave, Development Possible
- Homeowner Sues Valencia Reserve, Critically Injured