BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (From Palm Beach Schools) — The Science Olympiad team from Boca Raton High School completed its competition season ranked first in Florida and 19th among approximately 3,500 high school teams in the nation – the highest that a Florida team has ever received at a National Championship competition.
The team’s final rank is dependent on the team’s accomplishments in their individual competitions.
“We had a great mix of seasoned veterans, along with some new talent,” said Jon Benskin, the team’s coach. “Veterans performed in a magnificent way and rookies stepped up, proving that this team still has more to achieve.”
Benskin thanked his fellow teachers at Boca Raton High for promoting their students’ excellence and for helping them throughout the 10-month Science Olympiad season, and thanked Boca Raton High Principal Dr. Geoff McKee for his continued support.
“The team is already building and planning for next year,” Benskin said. “We are edging into the truly elite of Science Olympiad and next year we will be in the middle of the fight!”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- POLICE: Boca Raton Man Claimed Girlfriend Had Knife, Pills, So Batters Her To Save Her
- FAU Henderson University School Ranked Second In USA For K-5
- Woman Slips On Pool Deck, Sues Boca’s Broken Sound Country Club
- HURRICANE CENTER: Keep An Eye On Growing System East Of Florida
- FEDS: Local Man, “Dandy Daddy,” Sentenced To Eight Years In Prison
- Flanigan’s Boca Raton Cited For Flying Insects
- GAS LEAK: Airport Road In Boca Raton Closed
- STRAIGHT OUTTA KINGS POINT: Stalking, Murder Threat Charges Filed
- COVID Cases Rise In Palm Beach County School District