BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (From Palm Beach Schools) — The Science Olympiad team from Boca Raton High School completed its competition season ranked first in Florida and 19th among approximately 3,500 high school teams in the nation – the highest that a Florida team has ever received at a National Championship competition.
The team’s final rank is dependent on the team’s accomplishments in their individual competitions.
“We had a great mix of seasoned veterans, along with some new talent,” said Jon Benskin, the team’s coach. “Veterans performed in a magnificent way and rookies stepped up, proving that this team still has more to achieve.”
Benskin thanked his fellow teachers at Boca Raton High for promoting their students’ excellence and for helping them throughout the 10-month Science Olympiad season, and thanked Boca Raton High Principal Dr. Geoff McKee for his continued support.
“The team is already building and planning for next year,” Benskin said. “We are edging into the truly elite of Science Olympiad and next year we will be in the middle of the fight!”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Feds Arrest Man In Palm Beach County For Election Interference
- Boca Bagel Bar Brawl Lands One Man In Jail
- Palm Beach Schools: Now 1930 COVID Cases As Boca High Surges
- Boca, Delray ICU Situation Remains Poor, COVID Count High
- Boca Raton’s Kyle Ewart Guilty, Possessed Child Images
- Florida Publix COVID Vaccine Appointments Available, Here’s How To Book
- Broward Doctor Stewart Bitman Jailed On Child Solicitation Charges
- Robert Weinroth, Vice PBC Mayor, Blasts Local Vaccine Distribution
- Boca Raton Stopped Key COVID Report Just Before Presidential Election