UPDATE: 12:18p Tuesday: Read the complete police report here.
UPDATE 10:16a Tuesday: Suspect is identified as “Mr. HB Shea” of the 9200 block of Pecky Cypress Lane in Boca Raton. He is currently being held in the Palm Beach County Jail
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (From PBSO) — Deputies responded to a man with a gun call at the Postal Office located in the 8100 block of Via Ancho, unincorporated Boca Raton.
A 90 year old male walked into the facility. He was not satisfied with the services so he pulled out a handgun, pointed it at the Postal employee and threatened to “blow his head off”. As the suspect was exiting the post office he was taken into custody without incident by the responding deputies. The firearm was recovered and placed into evidence. PBSO will be handling the Aggravated Assault with a Firearm charges, while the Federal Postal Police will file the Federal charges of bringing a firearm into a Postal Facility.
The suspect was taken to West Boca Medical Center for evaluation, once cleared, he will be booked into the PBC jail for the State charges.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- POLICE: Boca Raton Man Claimed Girlfriend Had Knife, Pills, So Batters Her To Save Her
- FAU Henderson University School Ranked Second In USA For K-5
- Woman Slips On Pool Deck, Sues Boca’s Broken Sound Country Club
- HURRICANE CENTER: Keep An Eye On Growing System East Of Florida
- FEDS: Local Man, “Dandy Daddy,” Sentenced To Eight Years In Prison
- Flanigan’s Boca Raton Cited For Flying Insects
- GAS LEAK: Airport Road In Boca Raton Closed
- STRAIGHT OUTTA KINGS POINT: Stalking, Murder Threat Charges Filed
- COVID Cases Rise In Palm Beach County School District