UPDATE: 12:18p Tuesday: Read the complete police report here.
UPDATE 10:16a Tuesday: Suspect is identified as “Mr. HB Shea” of the 9200 block of Pecky Cypress Lane in Boca Raton. He is currently being held in the Palm Beach County Jail
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (From PBSO) — Deputies responded to a man with a gun call at the Postal Office located in the 8100 block of Via Ancho, unincorporated Boca Raton.
A 90 year old male walked into the facility. He was not satisfied with the services so he pulled out a handgun, pointed it at the Postal employee and threatened to “blow his head off”. As the suspect was exiting the post office he was taken into custody without incident by the responding deputies. The firearm was recovered and placed into evidence. PBSO will be handling the Aggravated Assault with a Firearm charges, while the Federal Postal Police will file the Federal charges of bringing a firearm into a Postal Facility.
The suspect was taken to West Boca Medical Center for evaluation, once cleared, he will be booked into the PBC jail for the State charges.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County School District Employees Infected With COVID-19
- BOCA RATON HIGH SCHOOL: Social Distancing Disaster
- Palm Beach County Extends Facial Covering Executive Order
- Just 54,000 Students Returned To Palm Beach County Schools, 107K Stayed Online
- PALM BEACH COUNTY SCHOOLS: Parents, How Was In-Person Learning?
- Boca Raton Doctor Facing 10 Years In Federal Prison
- Sinai Residences Breaks Ground On Phase Two
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Off South Florida To Bring Rain, May Develop
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS CLEANING CRISIS: Principal Tells Teachers To “Make Solution Of Soap And Water”