BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (From Children’s Home Society) — Desiring to give back to their community, 10-year-old Hanbi and her friends Shelly, Roma, Richard and Ariel turned a fun craft into a fundraising tool for Children’s Home Society of Florida, serving children and families throughout Broward County.
The friends made charms from polymer clay and sold them for children and families in need. Selling more than 600 bracelets, the students presented a $320 donation to Children’s Home Society of Florida on June 2.
“Since learning about Children’s Home Society of Florida, my friends started to realize the craft we did for fun could actually help many kids our own age. We felt like we were helping the world,” said Hanbi, a 4th grader at Del Prado Elementary in Boca Raton.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: Two New Systems South Of Florida
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Parents Forced To Make Permanent Learning Choice
- FLORIDA: Gov. DeSantis’ COVID Eviction Ban Ending
- Boca Raton Chiropractor Jonathan Rouffe Pleads Guilty, Faces 10 Years In Federal Prison
- Boca Barber Shoots At Customers, Boca Police Trim His Freedom
- LOTS OF DEATH: Florida Again Reporting High COVID Death Numbers, Infections
- COVID: Lynn University Continues “Block” Scheduling Through Spring
- COVID: Palm Beach School Board Member Calls For More Transparency
- COVID: Palm Beach County Schools Report More Cases, But No Outbreak