BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (From Children’s Home Society) — Desiring to give back to their community, 10-year-old Hanbi and her friends Shelly, Roma, Richard and Ariel turned a fun craft into a fundraising tool for Children’s Home Society of Florida, serving children and families throughout Broward County.
The friends made charms from polymer clay and sold them for children and families in need. Selling more than 600 bracelets, the students presented a $320 donation to Children’s Home Society of Florida on June 2.
“Since learning about Children’s Home Society of Florida, my friends started to realize the craft we did for fun could actually help many kids our own age. We felt like we were helping the world,” said Hanbi, a 4th grader at Del Prado Elementary in Boca Raton.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- NOT CLAUDETTE YET: Hurricane Center Says Storm Growing, But Not Named Yet
- Bonefish Grill Sued After Boca Raton Slip and Fall
- Nearly 4000 Palm Beach School District Students, Staffers, Tested Positive For COVID-19
- Boca Raton Woman Jailed On DUI Charge, “Did What She Pleased”
- TROPICAL STORM WARNING: Florida In Forecast For Latest System
- Man Charged In Delray Beach LGBTQ Crosswalk Vandalism
- One Dead In Delray Beach Shooting
- CLAIM: The Bridge Sober Home Let Client Use Drugs, Die
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Continues To Form, Next Name Is Claudette