BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (From Children’s Home Society) — Desiring to give back to their community, 10-year-old Hanbi and her friends Shelly, Roma, Richard and Ariel turned a fun craft into a fundraising tool for Children’s Home Society of Florida, serving children and families throughout Broward County.
The friends made charms from polymer clay and sold them for children and families in need. Selling more than 600 bracelets, the students presented a $320 donation to Children’s Home Society of Florida on June 2.
“Since learning about Children’s Home Society of Florida, my friends started to realize the craft we did for fun could actually help many kids our own age. We felt like we were helping the world,” said Hanbi, a 4th grader at Del Prado Elementary in Boca Raton.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- POLICE: Boca Raton Man Claimed Girlfriend Had Knife, Pills, So Batters Her To Save Her
- FAU Henderson University School Ranked Second In USA For K-5
- Woman Slips On Pool Deck, Sues Boca’s Broken Sound Country Club
- HURRICANE CENTER: Keep An Eye On Growing System East Of Florida
- FEDS: Local Man, “Dandy Daddy,” Sentenced To Eight Years In Prison
- Flanigan’s Boca Raton Cited For Flying Insects
- GAS LEAK: Airport Road In Boca Raton Closed
- STRAIGHT OUTTA KINGS POINT: Stalking, Murder Threat Charges Filed
- COVID Cases Rise In Palm Beach County School District