BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County School Board has removed Mark Stenner from his post as Principal of West Boca High School following his alleged plagiarism of a graduation speech. The removal comes just weeks after US News and World Report also highlighted West Boca High School’s poor educational standing in the areas of English and math.
You can read the official reassignment order from the Palm Beach County School District by clicking here.
Here is the public summary just released:
The School District of Palm Beach County released following statement after the Board approved the following agreement on Mark Stenner, principal of West Boca High School.
The School Board voted today to reassign Mark Stenner to a non-instructional position within the District. With the Board’s decision, Mr. Stenner will no longer be the principal of West Boca High School.
Superintendent Robert M. Avossa, Ed.D. made the recommendation based on his firm belief in holding employees, particularly instructional leaders, accountable for their actions.
It is the District’s view that we can all learn from this incident, move on without beleaguering the issue any longer and provide our students with a high-quality education.
Mr. Stenner will express his remorse to the West Boca High School community and is dedicated to exemplifying honesty and integrity for himself and the School District in the future.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FEDERAL LAWSUIT: Woodfield Country Club Sued For Discrimination
- Tropical Storm Bill Forms, Two Other Systems Watched
- Boca Raton Man Accused Of Snatching Necklace From Wyndham Guest’s Neck
- Eric Holtz Commits Suicide As His Boca Raton Firm Faces Fraud Suits
- TERROR ON THE HIGHWAY: Shooting On I-95 In Boynton Beach, One Dead
- IT’S ALIVE! Tropical Depression Two Forms In Atlantic
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Storm Could Form Today
- Delray Beach Man Charged With Enhanced DUI
- BUSY: Hurricane Center Watching Two Systems