BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County School Board has removed Mark Stenner from his post as Principal of West Boca High School following his alleged plagiarism of a graduation speech. The removal comes just weeks after US News and World Report also highlighted West Boca High School’s poor educational standing in the areas of English and math.
You can read the official reassignment order from the Palm Beach County School District by clicking here.
Here is the public summary just released:
The School District of Palm Beach County released following statement after the Board approved the following agreement on Mark Stenner, principal of West Boca High School.
The School Board voted today to reassign Mark Stenner to a non-instructional position within the District. With the Board’s decision, Mr. Stenner will no longer be the principal of West Boca High School.
Superintendent Robert M. Avossa, Ed.D. made the recommendation based on his firm belief in holding employees, particularly instructional leaders, accountable for their actions.
It is the District’s view that we can all learn from this incident, move on without beleaguering the issue any longer and provide our students with a high-quality education.
Mr. Stenner will express his remorse to the West Boca High School community and is dedicated to exemplifying honesty and integrity for himself and the School District in the future.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Woman Dies In Crash Near Bocaire Country Club
- Corey Zeidman, Boca Raton Poker Pro, Indicted On Federal Fraud Charges
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY BEACH: ANOTHER HOMEOWNER HEADS TO FEDERAL PRISON
- BREAKING: TWO DEAD IN FIREY CRASH ON I-95, ROAD CLOSED
- Tri-Rail Train Hits, Kills Pedestrian Late Wednesday Morning In South Florida
- If You’re Looking For Kelley McIsaac, She’s In Jail, And We Know Why
- Tri-Rail Service Resumes Following Massive System Failure
- REMINDER: Palm Beach County Public School Year Ends Thursday
- Train Strikes, Kills Man South Of Boca Raton, Roads Closed