BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com)(From City of Boca Raton) — The City of Boca Raton is closely monitoring Tropical Storm Erika and has several new communication methods in place to keep residents informed before, during and after a hurricane.
Through the Code Red Program, residents can receive text alerts or phone calls during an emergency. Evacuations, curfews and other important alerts will be sent through this Code Red system. Residents can sign up for Code Red alerts on the City’s website, www.myboca.us or by using the sign up button on the City’s Facebook page: City of Boca Raton, FL Government.
The City also maintains a 24 hour staffed Citizens Information Hotline. This non- emergency number is for residents to call to share and receive information about business openings or closings, curfews, city services and other non emergency information. The number to call is 561-982-4900.
For those with access to an AM radio, who are in the City limits, (the station has about a 3 mile radius) they can tune into AM 1650. The City also has a TV station – Channel 20 on Comcast within the City limits and Channel 99 on AT&T U-verse in Palm Beach County. Both stations will broadcast weather updates and other important information.
While social media did not play a role during Wilma in 2005, the City now has active Facebook and Twitter pages. By following the City of Boca Raton Government Facebook page and Twitter page @CityBocaRaton, as well as the Boca Raton Police Department’s Facebook and Twitter pages, the City will continue to post and interact as long as there are connections.
Additional hurricane preparation guides and information can be found on the City of Boca Raton website at www.myboca.us.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- POLICE: Boca Raton Man Claimed Girlfriend Had Knife, Pills, So Batters Her To Save Her
- FAU Henderson University School Ranked Second In USA For K-5
- Woman Slips On Pool Deck, Sues Boca’s Broken Sound Country Club
- HURRICANE CENTER: Keep An Eye On Growing System East Of Florida
- FEDS: Local Man, “Dandy Daddy,” Sentenced To Eight Years In Prison
- Flanigan’s Boca Raton Cited For Flying Insects
- GAS LEAK: Airport Road In Boca Raton Closed
- STRAIGHT OUTTA KINGS POINT: Stalking, Murder Threat Charges Filed
- COVID Cases Rise In Palm Beach County School District