BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County School District says it will decide by mid-day Sunday whether or not to close schools for Tropical Storm Erika.
From the school district:
Officials from the School District of Palm Beach County continue to monitor Tropical Storm Erika, and will make a decision by midday Sunday on whether to close schools for Monday.
The District has canceled all school events scheduled for Sunday, Aug. 30. Events scheduled for Friday and Saturday will continue as planned, though schools may adjust those plans as needed.
Once a decision is reached on whether schools will be open Monday, parents will be notified directly. Information will also be posted on the District’s website at www.palmbeachschools.org, on the District’s Facebook page and Twitter account, and communicated to local media.
Follow the District’s Twitter account at @pbcsd and like its Facebook page at www.facebook.com/pbcsd. Follow Superintendent Robert Avossa on Twitter at @Supt_Avossa.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FEDERAL LAWSUIT: Woodfield Country Club Sued For Discrimination
- Tropical Storm Bill Forms, Two Other Systems Watched
- Boca Raton Man Accused Of Snatching Necklace From Wyndham Guest’s Neck
- Eric Holtz Commits Suicide As His Boca Raton Firm Faces Fraud Suits
- TERROR ON THE HIGHWAY: Shooting On I-95 In Boynton Beach, One Dead
- IT’S ALIVE! Tropical Depression Two Forms In Atlantic
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Storm Could Form Today
- Delray Beach Man Charged With Enhanced DUI
- BUSY: Hurricane Center Watching Two Systems