BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — At least four Boca area schools confirm they received apple slices that have been recalled. It is unclear if students were served the apples. There have been no reports of sickness.
The Palm Beach County School District says Hammock Pointe Elementary, Loggers Run Middle School, Omni Middle School and Sandpiper Shores Elementary received but may not have served the apples received from Pennsylvania distributor “Appeeling Fruit, Inc.” The company says the “sweet fresh apple wedges” may be contaminated with listeria monocytogenes. The school district stresses to BocaNewsNow.com that the recall is precautionary.
Here’s the full list of affected schools:
Bak Middle School of the Arts
Equestrian Trails Elementary
Hagen Road Elementary
Hammock Pointe Elementary
Lake Worth High School
Loggers Run Middle
Palm Beach Gardens Elementary
Pierce Hammock Elementary
Pine Grove Elementary
Rolling Green Elementary
Sandpiper Shores Elementary
Santaluces High School
South Grade Elementary
South Tech Academy
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Chevy Silverado Step Collapses, Driver Sues Schumacher Automotive
- Florida’s COVID Numbers Are Not Getting Better
- For Drew Abruzzese, A Fall From Food Network To Palm Beach County Jail
- Missing Boynton Woman Found Dead, Man Arrested
- Arrest In Seven Bridges: Audi Blocked By Mercedes Leads To Assault Charge
- Amazing Photos: Two Tractor Trailers Crash On Turnpike Near Delray Beach
- Do You Live Near These Boca Raton Sex Offenders?
- Boca Raton’s Rex Baron Cited By Health Inspectors
- Popular Delray Beach Restaurant Sued Over Umbrella Incident