INDIAN RIVER COUNTY, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — It has been nearly three years since West Boca Raton resident and former Pompano Beach Firefighter Craig Turturo was arrested with several others and charged with more than 50 counts of conspiracy, money laundering, distribution and related violations all connected to the allegation of involvement with a pill mill.
But after the highly publicized arrests in the “Pill Street Blues” case touted in press statements from prosecutors, the case is seemingly in slow motion. Prosecutors are now saying nothing to the media. No trial date is in sight.
Court records show the case is set for a motion hearing Friday in Indian River County. Turturo himself need not be present, according to records. He was in court earlier this week with attorneys arguing over the cost of depositions.
Legal experts will tell you that depositions are often a long way from trial.
Turturo was arrested in the summer of 2012. The slow motion court action raises questions as to the strength of the State’s case. Several charges against Turturo were recently dropped, according to court records, although he still faces more than 40 by our count.
Arrested at roughly the same time as Turturo in the alleged pill mill takedowns are: Susan Yandle, Fernando Valle, Courtland Twyman, Dr. Sanjay Trivedi, Jeffrey Thompson, Lewis Stouffer, Jeffrey Reiter, Bruce Karlin, Bruce Kammerman, Roger Gordon, Andrew Gatlin, Joseph Buffalino and Michael Bengala.
All are on the Friday docket in Indian River County which you can view by clicking here. Use the search box on our site to read our original coverage.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FEDS: Local Man, “Dandy Daddy,” Sentenced To Eight Years In Prison
- Flanigan’s Boca Raton Cited For Flying Insects
- GAS LEAK: Airport Road In Boca Raton Closed
- STRAIGHT OUTTA KINGS POINT: Stalking, Murder Threat Charges Filed
- COVID Cases Rise In Palm Beach County School District
- HURRICANE CENTER MONDAY: Peter, Rose And Another System East Of Florida
- TROPICAL STORM ROSE FORMS, JOINS PETER, TWO MORE BEING WATCHED
- FLORIDA: COVID Continues To Kill Nearly 200 A Day In Hospitals
- Anti-Masking Parent Suing Palm Beach Schools Was Arrested For Child Abuse