BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton Public Safety Communications Center received a 911 call shortly after 11:00 pm Wednesday night from an individual saying she was involved in an altercation at 1651 NW 13th Street. A female at the scene said that she was with a male and that they met with another group of people at this location. An altercation occurred between individuals known to each other, which resulted in injuries to multiple participants.
One group left the scene. Later, Boca Raton police officers learned about a subject who was left at Broward Health North by acquaintances. This individual, Atila Dearaujo, was pronounced deceased at the hospital. It is believed that Dearaujo was involved in the earlier dispute.
Boca Raton detectives have been gathering evidence, interviewing witnesses and processing the scene. If anyone has information about this incident, please call Detective Kimsal at 561-620-6144.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Superintendent Tells Parents Nothing Will Change Second Semester
- WHERE IS SHE? Boca Police Looking For Marilyn Ruddy
- Jewish Family Services In Boca Donated 500 Meals For Thanksgiving
- Chick-fil-A To Open In West Boca Raton, Will Feed 100 Local Heroes Free For A Year
- FLORIDA: DeSantis Says Lockdowns Do Nothing, Social Distancing Not Needed, State Hits 999,319 Infections
- DESANTIS: VIRTUAL LEARNING TO CONTINUE SPRING SEMESTER
- Palm Beach Schools Return With 785 COVID-19 Cases Logged So Far
- Delray Beach Man Jailed On Child Abuse, Strangulation Charges
- COVID FLORIDA: State Adds Another 7179 Cases In One Day, Positivity Climbs