BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton resident James Thompson, 53, was killed in a one car accident Satuday in the intersection of Southwest 3rd Street and Lyons Road.
PBSO investigators say a witness reports that Thompson was traveling at a high rate of speed eastbound on Southwest 3rd Street, approaching Lyons Road, with at least one flat tire. Thompson lost control of his 2002 Ford F-250 as he entered the intersection and hit a signal pole and then a palm tree.
Thompson, of the 22000 block of Martella Avenue, was pronounced dead at the scene. PBSO says the alcohol and or drugs are a factor in the crash.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID-19: Palm Beach County Positivity Rate Jumps
- Boca’s Anthony Centolella Charged With Grand Theft, Escape
- TROPICAL STORM ZETA: Heavy Rains South Florida, Possible Gulf Coast Strike
- HOME DEPOT: Unmasked West Boca Worker, No Response From Corporate
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression 28 Forms, Gulf Coast Track Again
- BAD: Florida Reports 4,433 New COVID-19 Infections
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Unmasked Teachers Could Slow Return To Classroom
- Prostitution Charge For Seven Bridges Delray Resident
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely, Florida Should Watch