BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A reminder to our readers: we do not work with reputation management services. We do not accept payment to remove mugshots. While we appreciate that you may be upset that your spouse, children or employer may read of your arrest for DUI, drugs, battery or other crimes, we also know that the vast majority of Palm Beach County makes it through the day without being handcuffed. Point: the best way to avoid having your mugshot end up on BocaNewsNow.com is to avoid situations that could lead to your arrest.
If you are arrested, and if you are unhappy that your mugshot is our site, we offer the following suggestions:
- Go to court and have your arrest expunged. Since you surely did nothing wrong, a judge will more likely than not be thrilled to void your arrest. While the media is not obligated to honor orders of expungement, we do most of the time. We’re nice like that.
- Hire an attorney who will effort to have your case dismissed. Just like with Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski, a sizable number of arrests in Palm Beach County are never prosecuted. Again, while we are not obligated to remove mugshots — an arrest is an arrest and is part of the public record — there is usually no reason why we wouldn’t remove your mugshot if charges are dropped. Just email or call.
- Send us the most compelling email or letter that you are capable of writing explaining why your mugshot should be removed and we will review it. We would advise not threatening to sue us, hurt us or telling us that you want to spend lots of money on advertising (we really don’t care).
To say it again: BocaNewsNow.com is not a mugshot website that publishes mugshots just to charge to have them removed. The reputation services call us and email us, just like you can — for free. And to say this again: if you have kids, if you love your kids, if you are afraid of your kids being picked on in school because someone read that you were arrested for drugs, driving under the influence or battering your spouse or girlfriend, perhaps the best way to prevent their grief is to act like a grownup.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- AGAIN: Fort Lauderdale Airport Parking Garages Completely Full
- Boca Raton Woman Sues BMW, Says $80K Car Unfixable
- PUBLIX MURDERS: 911 CALLS RELEASED, LISTEN HERE
- Jewish Family Services Crafts New Road Map Following COVID Crisis
- This Is The Publix Murderer Who Killed Himself
- Delray Beach’s Alan Firestone Guilty Of Child Pornography Possession
- POLICE: Delray Man Gave Teen Girl Merlot, Beer While Driving Recklessly
- If You See Joseph Schoenberger, Call Boynton Beach Police
- Delray Police Take A Peek, Charge Him With DUI