UPDATE: Forget that part about no warnings being issued for the greater Boca Raton area.
SIGNIFICANT WEATHER ADVISORY FOR FREQUENT TO EXCESSIVE
LIGHTNING…SMALL HAIL…45 TO 55 MPH WINDS AND THE DEVELOPMENT OF
FUNNEL CLOUDS FOR NORTHEASTERN BROWARD AND SOUTHEASTERN PALM BEACH
COUNTIES UNTIL 215 PM EDT…
* AT 133 PM EDT…NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE METEOROLOGISTS DETECTED A
STRONG THUNDERSTORM WITH ROTATION…CAPABLE OF PRODUCING A FUNNEL
CLOUD OVER POMPANO BEACH OR A WATERSPOUT JUST OFFSHORE OF POMPANO
BEACH…MOVING NORTH AT 15 TO 20 MPH.
* IN ADDITION…FREQUENT TO EXCESSIVE LIGHTNING…GUSTY WINDS FROM 45
TO 55 MPH…SMALL HAIL…TORRENTIAL DOWNPOURS…OR A COMBINATION OF
THESE ARE POSSIBLE. LIGHTNING IS THE NUMBER ONE WEATHER RELATED
KILLER IN FLORIDA. TREES AND OPEN SHELTERS OFFER NO PROTECTION.
THESE WINDS CAN DOWN SMALL TREE LIMBS AND BRANCHES…AND BLOW
AROUND UNSECURED SMALL OBJECTS. SEEK SHELTER IN A SAFE BUILDING
UNTIL THE STORM PASSES.
* LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE…
POMPANO BEACH…BOCA RATON…DEERFIELD BEACH…BOYNTON BEACH…DELRAY
BEACH…LIGHTHOUSE POINT…HIGHLAND BEACH…OCEAN RIDGE…HILLSBORO
BEACH…GULF STREAM…BRINY BREEZES…FAU SOUTH CAMPUS…TERRA MAR AND
POMPANO BEACH AIRPORT.
TORRENTIAL RAINFALL IS ALSO OCCURRING WITH THIS STORM…AND MAY LEAD
TO STREET FLOODING. DO NOT DRIVE YOUR VEHICLE THROUGH FLOODED
THIS ACTIVITY WAS ALSO DEVELOPING IN AN ENVIRONMENT FAVORABLE FOR THE
FORMATION OF FUNNEL CLOUDS. STAY TUNED TO NOAA WEATHER RADIO AND
LOCAL MEDIA FOR ADDITIONAL UPDATES AND POSSIBLE WARNINGS.
RESIDENTS SHOULD REMAIN ON THE ALERT FOR ADDITIONAL STATEMENTS AND
STAY TUNED TO NOAA WEATHER RADIO AND OTHER LOCAL MEDIA FOR FURTHER
DETAILS OR UPDATES.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — No warnings yet but potentially violent weather is moving into the Boca Raton area. Hail and strong thunderstorm warnings are in effect to our south — in Broward County — and skies as of 1:32pm are overcast with strong wind blowing. Rain is appearing on weather radar. Stay alert and drive carefully if you’re out and about.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Storm Could Form Today
- Delray Beach Man Charged With Enhanced DUI
- BUSY: Hurricane Center Watching Two Systems
- Major Delays At Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport
- Sugar Sand Park Playground In Boca Raton To Close
- If Boca Raton’s Ricardo Ogorman Is Your Pot Dealer, Note He’s In Jail
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Developing In Gulf
- AGAIN: Fort Lauderdale Airport Parking Garages Completely Full
- Boca Raton Woman Sues BMW, Says $80K Car Unfixable