UPDATE: BocaNewsNow.com has learned that Francis did not transmit HIV, but threatened to do so to an UBER driver. Click here for the latest.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Matthew Steven Francis remains in the Palm Beach County Jail Saturday night following his arrest on multiple charges — including one HIV-related — by Boca Raton Police.
The official charges filed against Francis are listed is “robbery with a firearm,” “kidnap adult for ransom” and “crimes against person – criminal transmission of HIV.”
Bond on the HIV charge is is set at $5,000, bond has not been set for the kidnap or robbery charge.
We expect details on this arrest on Monday.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County Offering Summer Camp Scholarships
- Delray’s Georgios Pappas Charged With DUI
- Trump’s Palm Beach County Passes 100,000 COVID-19 Cases
- Publix COVID Shot Reservations Open Again Friday
- Graffiti Vandal Strikes West Delray Beach Community
- Palm Beach School District Adds Nearly 500 Cases Since Break
- Boca Raton, Delray Beach Real Estate Market Hot
- As Trump Moves To Florida, COVID Infections, Deaths Rise
- PUBLIX: COVID Vaccine System Didn’t Crash, More Available Friday