BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: USDOJ) — On April 1, 2016, Rebecca Solemani-Appelbaum, 50, of Boca Raton, was charged in a ten-count indictment for committing criminal offenses related to her petition for chapter 7 bankruptcy.
According to the allegations contained in the indictment, on or about February 13, 2012, before filing for chapter 7 bankruptcy in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Miami, Florida, Solemani-Appelbaum liquidated approximately $102,445.89 from her IRA Account. Solemani-Appelbaum then transferred the money into a family member’s account, over which the defendant had sole authority. Between March 1, 2012, and April 11, 2012, Solemani-Appelbaum used almost all of the transferred funds. Solemani-Appelbaum failed to disclose the transfer of those funds, as required in her bankruptcy petition and various amended filings. When asked about the accuracy of her disclosures in the bankruptcy petition, Solemani-Appelbaum made false representations to the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, the U.S. Trustee’s Office and the chapter 7 trustee.
Solemani-Appelbaum is charged with the fraudulent transfer and concealment of property in contemplation of a case under Title 11, concealment of property in connection with a case under Title 11, and making a false oath and account in relation to a case under Title 11.
The case is being prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorney Daniel Cervantes.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County Residents Among Many Charged With COVID, Healthcare Fraud
- Still At It: Parents Sue Palm Beach County Schools Over Masks
- POLICE: Boca Raton Woman Hits Car, Drives Away With Two Flat Tires
- Flying United Airlines Today? Massive Systems Issue Affecting Flights, More
- Two Tropical Depressions Likely To Form Over Weekend Says Hurricane Center
- FLORIDA COVID: Ventilator Use Rises As Hospitalizations Fall
- SEEMAN HOLTZ: As Fraud Investigation Continues, Court Assigns Monitor
- Boca Raton Man Charged With DUI, Resisting, Fleeing, More
- HURRICANE CENTER: Three Systems Forming East Of Florida Thursday