BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: USDOJ) — On April 1, 2016, Rebecca Solemani-Appelbaum, 50, of Boca Raton, was charged in a ten-count indictment for committing criminal offenses related to her petition for chapter 7 bankruptcy.
According to the allegations contained in the indictment, on or about February 13, 2012, before filing for chapter 7 bankruptcy in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Miami, Florida, Solemani-Appelbaum liquidated approximately $102,445.89 from her IRA Account. Solemani-Appelbaum then transferred the money into a family member’s account, over which the defendant had sole authority. Between March 1, 2012, and April 11, 2012, Solemani-Appelbaum used almost all of the transferred funds. Solemani-Appelbaum failed to disclose the transfer of those funds, as required in her bankruptcy petition and various amended filings. When asked about the accuracy of her disclosures in the bankruptcy petition, Solemani-Appelbaum made false representations to the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, the U.S. Trustee’s Office and the chapter 7 trustee.
Solemani-Appelbaum is charged with the fraudulent transfer and concealment of property in contemplation of a case under Title 11, concealment of property in connection with a case under Title 11, and making a false oath and account in relation to a case under Title 11.
The case is being prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorney Daniel Cervantes.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Florida’s COVID Numbers Are Not Getting Better
- For Drew Abruzzese, A Fall From Food Network To Palm Beach County Jail
- Missing Boynton Woman Found Dead, Man Arrested
- Arrest In Seven Bridges: Audi Blocked By Mercedes Leads To Assault Charge
- Amazing Photos: Two Tractor Trailers Crash On Turnpike Near Delray Beach
- Do You Live Near These Boca Raton Sex Offenders?
- Boca Raton’s Rex Baron Cited By Health Inspectors
- Popular Delray Beach Restaurant Sued Over Umbrella Incident
- New Rules For COVID-19 Shots As Publix Again Takes Appointments