BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: USDOJ) — On April 1, 2016, Rebecca Solemani-Appelbaum, 50, of Boca Raton, was charged in a ten-count indictment for committing criminal offenses related to her petition for chapter 7 bankruptcy.
According to the allegations contained in the indictment, on or about February 13, 2012, before filing for chapter 7 bankruptcy in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Miami, Florida, Solemani-Appelbaum liquidated approximately $102,445.89 from her IRA Account. Solemani-Appelbaum then transferred the money into a family member’s account, over which the defendant had sole authority. Between March 1, 2012, and April 11, 2012, Solemani-Appelbaum used almost all of the transferred funds. Solemani-Appelbaum failed to disclose the transfer of those funds, as required in her bankruptcy petition and various amended filings. When asked about the accuracy of her disclosures in the bankruptcy petition, Solemani-Appelbaum made false representations to the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, the U.S. Trustee’s Office and the chapter 7 trustee.
Solemani-Appelbaum is charged with the fraudulent transfer and concealment of property in contemplation of a case under Title 11, concealment of property in connection with a case under Title 11, and making a false oath and account in relation to a case under Title 11.
The case is being prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorney Daniel Cervantes.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TURNPIKE CRASH UPDATE: Victim Of Fender Bender Killed When Hit Near Glades Road
- Generator Company Reviews: Tell Us About Your Experience In Palm Beach County
- United Way Of Palm Beach County Raises $433K For Non-Profit Workers
- FLORIDA TURNPIKE CLOSED: Critical Crash Northbound Near Glades Road
- HURRICANE CENTER: Keep An Eye On The Wave, Development Possible
- Homeowner Sues Valencia Reserve, Critically Injured
- DONNA KLEIN JEWISH ACADEMY SUED: STUDENT BULLIED, INJURED
- POLICE: Bulldog Named Morty Attacks Golden Retriever In Seven Bridges, Punctures Ear
- HURRICANE CENTER: There’s Another Wave To Watch