BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office says the allegedly idiotic driver of the motorcycle that hit a PBSO deputy this morning is Hector Mazariegos of 1881 NW 94th Avenue, Apartment 107 in Coral Springs — a man previously arrested for driving without a license.
Mazariegos was clocked at 97 mph by deputies conducting a speed monitoring operation in the area of 441 and Kimberly Blvd.
Deputy Thomas Hannigan was working a traffic enforcement operation on State Road 7 just south of Kimberly Blvd with several other deputies. Hannigan obtained a speed reading of 97 mph on Mazariegos in a 45 mph zone. Hannigan stepped into the center lane, faced southbound and was waving Mazariegos over. According to witnesses the deputy had been out in the roadway for more than enough time for the rider to see him and stop. The deputy was wearing a neon green reflective vest at the time. Mazariegos slowed and tried to drive around Hannigan, but at the same time Hannigan feared Mazariegos was going to run him over and moved slightly to his right. Mazariegos impacted with the deputy, then made a heavy brake applicated (leaving a lengthy skid mark) and overturned. Mazariegos slid to final rest at Kimberly Blvd.
Deputy Hannigan was transported and admitted to Delray Medical Center for treatment of serious injuries. Mazariegos was transported to West Boca Medical Center, tranfered to Delray Medical Center and then released. Mazariegos was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail for Reckless Driving resulting in serious bodily injury, No Driver’s License causing serious bodily injury, driving without a motorcycle endorsement, driving an unregistered vehicle, and attaching an unassigned tag to a vehicle.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- URGENT: Delray Beach Police Seeking Missing Woman
- COVID DEATHS SOAR: Florida Logs 223 Deaths On Tuesday
- Palm Beach County School District COVID Dashboard Already Questioned, Numbers Dropped
- TRAFFIC HAVOC: Palmetto Park Road To Close
- Guilty Plea From Delray Chiropractor Richard Davidson Came Just Months After Feds Moved In
- BOXED: Some Children Boxed In Boca Schools, Others Roam Freely During COVID
- VERY BAD: COVID Positivity Jumps In Palm Beach County, Deaths, Infections Up Statewide
- FAU High School Celebrates 34 National Merit Scholarship Semifinalists
- Palm Beach County School District Employees Infected With COVID-19