BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Nobody likes him. You know. The guy who blows off his finger trying to be cool by lighting fireworks over the July 4th holiday weekend. That weekend starts today. Which means the question for the weekend is quite simply: who is going to lose a limb?
Fireworks are illegal in Palm Beach County. Unless you have a permit, igniting fireworks in Palm Beach County can lead to a ticket or worse. But even if the cops don’t get you, the laws of physics will. Simply put: things that explode really don’t care what’s in their way.
To be clear: we are not above running the name of anyone who loses a limb while setting off illegal fireworks this weekend. And if that person is you, consider this: while people around you will act sympathetically, at least for a while, they’ll always think of you as the guy who lost a finger while doing something illegal.
Don’t be that guy. Leave fireworks to the professionals. And if you have ten fingers and ten toes today, here’s hoping you still have ten fingers and ten toes come Tuesday.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TURNPIKE CRASH UPDATE: Victim Of Fender Bender Killed When Hit Near Glades Road
- Generator Company Reviews: Tell Us About Your Experience In Palm Beach County
- United Way Of Palm Beach County Raises $433K For Non-Profit Workers
- FLORIDA TURNPIKE CLOSED: Critical Crash Northbound Near Glades Road
- HURRICANE CENTER: Keep An Eye On The Wave, Development Possible
- Homeowner Sues Valencia Reserve, Critically Injured
- DONNA KLEIN JEWISH ACADEMY SUED: STUDENT BULLIED, INJURED
- POLICE: Bulldog Named Morty Attacks Golden Retriever In Seven Bridges, Punctures Ear
- HURRICANE CENTER: There’s Another Wave To Watch