BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Nobody likes him. You know. The guy who blows off his finger trying to be cool by lighting fireworks over the July 4th holiday weekend. That weekend starts today. Which means the question for the weekend is quite simply: who is going to lose a limb?
Fireworks are illegal in Palm Beach County. Unless you have a permit, igniting fireworks in Palm Beach County can lead to a ticket or worse. But even if the cops don’t get you, the laws of physics will. Simply put: things that explode really don’t care what’s in their way.
To be clear: we are not above running the name of anyone who loses a limb while setting off illegal fireworks this weekend. And if that person is you, consider this: while people around you will act sympathetically, at least for a while, they’ll always think of you as the guy who lost a finger while doing something illegal.
Don’t be that guy. Leave fireworks to the professionals. And if you have ten fingers and ten toes today, here’s hoping you still have ten fingers and ten toes come Tuesday.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TROPICAL STORM ZETA: Heavy Rains South Florida, Possible Gulf Coast Strike
- HOME DEPOT: Unmasked West Boca Worker, No Response From Corporate
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression 28 Forms, Gulf Coast Track Again
- BAD: Florida Reports 4,433 New COVID-19 Infections
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Unmasked Teachers Could Slow Return To Classroom
- Prostitution Charge For Seven Bridges Delray Resident
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely, Florida Should Watch
- Delray Woman Sues, Says Dunkin’ Coffee Cup Collapsed
- More Dead, More Infected In Florida As COVID Spread Continues