BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Nobody likes him. You know. The guy who blows off his finger trying to be cool by lighting fireworks over the July 4th holiday weekend. That weekend starts today. Which means the question for the weekend is quite simply: who is going to lose a limb?
Fireworks are illegal in Palm Beach County. Unless you have a permit, igniting fireworks in Palm Beach County can lead to a ticket or worse. But even if the cops don’t get you, the laws of physics will. Simply put: things that explode really don’t care what’s in their way.
To be clear: we are not above running the name of anyone who loses a limb while setting off illegal fireworks this weekend. And if that person is you, consider this: while people around you will act sympathetically, at least for a while, they’ll always think of you as the guy who lost a finger while doing something illegal.
Don’t be that guy. Leave fireworks to the professionals. And if you have ten fingers and ten toes today, here’s hoping you still have ten fingers and ten toes come Tuesday.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Man Allegedly Takes Apartment Manager’s Phone, Throws It
- STUNNING EMAIL: City Official Warns Others About Reporter’s Handicapped Questions
- FBI Warns Of South Florida Grandparent Scam
- LYONS ROAD NIGHTMARE TO CONTINUE: Traffic Switch Expected Soon In Boca Raton, Delray Beach
- NO CLOSURE THIS WEEKEND: Glades Road To Remain Open, Diverging Diamond Incomplete
- Multiple People Shot In Pompano Beach, Police On Scene
- Major Crash: Yamato and Military Trail In Boca Raton
- Palm Beach County Doctor Pleads Guilty To Battery
- FAU Owl, Cheerleaders Ring NYSE Bell