BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Palm Beach County School District) — – The reorganization of the School District of Palm Beach County’s Regional offices took effect July 1, a move that provides more direct support and resources to each of the District’s schools staff and students.
With this reorganization, the District has moved from five Area offices with one Area Superintendent assigned to all of the schools in that area to four Regional offices – South, North, Central and Glades – with a Regional Superintendent and Instructional Superintendents in each region dedicated to a smaller concentration of schools.
These four Regional offices and their leadership teams will deliver specialized support to schools and principals to meet the goals of the District’s Strategic Plan, with a focus on improving outcomes for students by increasing reading on grade level by third grade, ensuring high school readiness, increasing the graduation rate and fostering post-graduate success. This reorganization also moves $5.5 million from District administrative offices back into schools.
“This is an exciting new beginning for our schools, students and staff,” said Dr. David Christensen, Deputy Superintendent and Chief of Schools. “Each of the members of this team bring vast experience, a clear understanding of the goals we have set, and the plan we have implemented to meet those goals.”
Teachers, principals, school staff and administrators will continue work directly with students and families to provide a safe and effective learning environment, and this reorganization will them to better focus on the services and resources that they provide.
To learn more about each of the Regional Superintendents and Instructional Superintendents, visit http://www.palmbeachschools.org.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: New Phase 3 Orders, Clarifications, Sheriff Ordered To Enforce
- Federal Judge Slaps Delray’s Seven Bridges, Litigants LaGrasso and Tannenholz
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Reckless Endangerment Charges For Non-Mask Wearers?
- South Florida Attorney Charged By Feds For Wire, Securities Fraud
- COVID SURGE FLORIDA: 3259 New Cases, 106 New Deaths, Positivity Heading Up
- BIG JUMP: Now 22 COVID Infections In Palm Beach County Schools
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Aggravated Assault With Deadly Weapon Charge
- COVID-19: Boca, Delray Restaurant Horror Stories As CDC Says Eating Inside Is Bad Idea
- COVID-19 Reported In Boca Middle, Spanish River High, West Boca High