BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Boca Raton Fire Department) — At 12:37AM today, July 14, 2016, Boca Raton Firefighters responded to a fire located at the Calusa Veterinary office, 6900 Congress Ave, Boca Raton. Firefighters arrived and found heavy smoke inside the building and the fire being kept confined to a clothes dryer by the activation of a single head from the buildings fire sprinkler system. Firefighters quickly extinguished the limited remaining fire which was located inside the drum of the clothes dryer with a pressurized water extinguisher. Several staff members were on scene at the time of the fire and were moving animals to a safe location as the fire department arrived. There were no firefighter or civilian injuries. All animals were rescued, one dog suffered smoke inhalation and was treated by paramedics and then turned over to the veterinary staff for follow-up treatment and is doing better.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.