BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Finally, answers. If you’ve been wondering why the alleged Dunkin’ Donuts in the Shoppes At Loggers Run is not open yet — 18 months after it was announced and nearly four months after construction stopped on the outparcel, here’s the official answer from the real estate firm’s PR company:
“The Dunkin Donuts outparcel at The Shoppes of Loggers Run is currently under construction now and should be completed by the end of 2016. The reason for the delays have been multifold, which is not uncommon with new development. There are issues all along the way in the development process, from the architectural plans, to the approval by the county to environmental and traffic surveys. Once all the approvals are in the actual construction doesn’t take long. But this will be the only drive thru location for Dunkin Donuts in West Boca Raton and I predict that it will be the most profitable by far. The entire community has been looking forward to this for a long time and I am happy to have been involved in making that happen.”
Some of the rapidly diminishing number of tenants in the Shoppes at Loggers Run have expressed extreme frustration with the management company and the builders for — to paraphrase — moving at a snail’s pace building the outparcel, not telling tenants and the public what’s happening, and not improving signage for retail stores now blocked from street view. Area residents watching the building know that construction workers were only present a few days each week for months. A quick search of permitting in the Palm Beach County zoning system reveals a number of failed inspections, although an item labeled as “final building” does show a “pass” as of June 13th.
The Shoppes At Loggers Run is, to an observer, a very troubled shopping center. Several spaces are vacant, with the only notable new tenant being a vaping shop. The center sits directly across from Loggers Run Middle School, leading many area residents to ask why the center would permit a vaping store to take residence so close to a school.
We’ll update when we learn more about the Dunkin’ Donuts which is taking longer to build than The Bridges.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- URGENT: Delray Beach Police Seeking Missing Woman
- COVID DEATHS SOAR: Florida Logs 223 Deaths On Tuesday
- Palm Beach County School District COVID Dashboard Already Questioned, Numbers Dropped
- TRAFFIC HAVOC: Palmetto Park Road To Close
- Guilty Plea From Delray Chiropractor Richard Davidson Came Just Months After Feds Moved In
- BOXED: Some Children Boxed In Boca Schools, Others Roam Freely During COVID
- VERY BAD: COVID Positivity Jumps In Palm Beach County, Deaths, Infections Up Statewide
- FAU High School Celebrates 34 National Merit Scholarship Semifinalists
- Palm Beach County School District Employees Infected With COVID-19