BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — China Cafe, at 11419 West Palmetto Park Road, has long promoted itself as the original China Cafe in Boca Raton. So we’re not sure what happened that has led it to publish material touting its “Grand Opening.” The inside is the same. The people seem to be the same. But there is one notable difference:
The food is no longer predictably good.
Over the past several years, West Boca Raton residents looking for solid Chinese food turned to China Cafe and got what they sought. But over the past several months, BocaNewsNow.com has noticed a substantial deterioration in the quality of the food, culminating with a recent meal involving “Cashew Chicken” where the chicken tasted like — and had the consistency of — rubber.
There’s also been a massive degradation in the quality of dumplings, spring rolls, rice and beef products.
A cynical reviewer might suggest that whoever currently owns the restaurant is trying to cut costs by spending less on food. Maybe that’s true, maybe not. But what is certain is that adding “New York Style” to your menu and promoting a “grand opening” where nothing else has changed isn’t going to be a marketing hit in Boca Raton. Many in Boca know exactly what New York Chinese food tastes like and this isn’t it.
We’re not saying don’t go, but if you go, be aware: your order this week may be different than it was last week, or the week before, or the week before that.
And we don’t mean in a good way.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected
- Boca Raton’s Jill Davis Charged With DUI, Nearly Three Times Legal Limit
- Boca Raton’s Timothy Werner Refuses DUI Test, Jailed
- Boca Raton’s Moise Gadoury Jailed, Didn’t Register As Sex Offender
- NUMBER GAMES? COVID-19 Deaths High In Florida As DOH Says Positivity Low
- COVID-19 INFECTION: Boynton Elementary Student First In School District To Test Positive