BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We are citing the Philadelphia Inquirer for now but expect to have a media release from the US Department of Justice later in the day.
The Inquirer reports that Joey Merlino, referred to as a “Former Philadelphia Mob Boss,” was arrested today in a major East Coast mob “takedown.”
Merlino is well known to Philadelphians. He moved to Boca Raton several years ago where he became well known to locals through his “Merlino’s” restaurant near Mizner. He reportedly lent his name to the restaurant and is a frequent fixture, but has no ownership in the venture.
Merlino, according to the Inquirer, was one of three people “leading a criminal enterprise that involved gambling, gun sales and healthcare fraud.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA COVID: Ventilator Use Rises As Hospitalizations Fall
- SEEMAN HOLTZ: As Fraud Investigation Continues, Court Assigns Monitor
- Boca Raton Man Charged With DUI, Resisting, Fleeing, More
- HURRICANE CENTER: Three Systems Forming East Of Florida Thursday
- WEST BOCA HIGH TEACHER REINSTATED AFTER IMAGE CONTROVERSY
- UPDATE: Seven Bridges Homeowner Turned Off WiFi To Prevent 911 Call After Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID Deaths Back Into 200s For Tuesday
- COVID: 5,000 CASES IN PALM BEACH COUNTY SCHOOLS
- HURRICANE CENTER: 90 Percent Chance System Forms East Of Florida