BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We are citing the Philadelphia Inquirer for now but expect to have a media release from the US Department of Justice later in the day.
The Inquirer reports that Joey Merlino, referred to as a “Former Philadelphia Mob Boss,” was arrested today in a major East Coast mob “takedown.”
Merlino is well known to Philadelphians. He moved to Boca Raton several years ago where he became well known to locals through his “Merlino’s” restaurant near Mizner. He reportedly lent his name to the restaurant and is a frequent fixture, but has no ownership in the venture.
Merlino, according to the Inquirer, was one of three people “leading a criminal enterprise that involved gambling, gun sales and healthcare fraud.”
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected
- Boca Raton’s Jill Davis Charged With DUI, Nearly Three Times Legal Limit
- Boca Raton’s Timothy Werner Refuses DUI Test, Jailed
- Boca Raton’s Moise Gadoury Jailed, Didn’t Register As Sex Offender
- NUMBER GAMES? COVID-19 Deaths High In Florida As DOH Says Positivity Low
- COVID-19 INFECTION: Boynton Elementary Student First In School District To Test Positive