BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We are citing the Philadelphia Inquirer for now but expect to have a media release from the US Department of Justice later in the day.
The Inquirer reports that Joey Merlino, referred to as a “Former Philadelphia Mob Boss,” was arrested today in a major East Coast mob “takedown.”
Merlino is well known to Philadelphians. He moved to Boca Raton several years ago where he became well known to locals through his “Merlino’s” restaurant near Mizner. He reportedly lent his name to the restaurant and is a frequent fixture, but has no ownership in the venture.
Merlino, according to the Inquirer, was one of three people “leading a criminal enterprise that involved gambling, gun sales and healthcare fraud.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID Vaccine Distribution In Palm Beach County Is Worse Than You Think
- Shot, Mauled, Or Drowned? What Happened To This Boca Raton Cat?
- COVID Is Getting Worse In Palm Beach County
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Animal Cruelty Charges
- Boca Raton Firefighters Battle Elevator Blaze
- Palm Beach County ICU’s Packed, COVID Count Rising
- OUTRAGEOUS AGENTS: Tinder Leads To Battery Charge For Boca Realtor
- HORRIBLE: FLORIDA PASSES 25,000 DEATHS AS DESANTIS PROMOTES EMPLOYMENT
- Mizner Country Club GM Says Club Not Involved In Drug Sales