BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Palm Beach County School District) — In preparation for Hurricane Matthew, The School District of Palm Beach County is announcing the closing of all schools and facilities on Thursday, October 6 through Friday, October 7. The closings are necessary to allow the Palm Beach County Division of Emergency Management to prepare to open emergency shelters, many of which are located in District schools. All schools will be in session tomorrow.
This closing includes all District-related events and services scheduled for Wednesday after school through Sunday as well as any events scheduled on District campuses through a lease or special events agreement.
ALL District events scheduled on any school campus or facility are cancelled Wednesday after the last school bell on each campus through Sunday. School- operated after school child care will be operational for Wednesday, but we ask parents to pick their children up as early as possible from aftercare programs.
All District-support offices and facility buildings will close at their regular business time on Wednesday. The School Board meeting scheduled for Wednesday is cancelled.
The District has also cancelled all student travel for any school related field trip or athletic event in or out of the District that was planned for this Wednesday through Sunday.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Heading To Disney World? No Masks Outside, Still Required Inside
- LOWEST IN A YEAR: Local COVID Hospitalizations Plummet
- No Mask Required In Publix If You Are Vaccinated
- Enhanced DUI Charge For Boca Man, Open Corona In Car When Stopped
- Florida Airports Remind: You MUST Wear Masks
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY: Federal Judge Rules In Favor Of HOA, Expect Appeal
- Delray Man Says He’s Worth $27M, Refuses To Pay $117 Dinner Check
- Masks Remain Mandatory In Palm Beach County Schools
- BREAKING: CDC Says Vaccinated People Can Stop Wearing Masks