BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — In today’s edition of Boca Rudeton™, we ponder this great question:
“Why would this woman be driving a golf cart on the grass outside Waters Edge Elementary School?”
We’ve checked all of our press releases and there’s nothing about Waters Edge — an excellent school — actually turning into a country club with a golf course. And we’ve confirmed that there are no golf courses or country club communities nearby where a golf cart would be expected. The closest would be the golf course at South County Regional Park, roughly a mile away.
So we ask aloud: did she lose track of the road? Did she want to leave tire tracks in grass cared for by the overworked school groundskeepers paid for by the taxpayers of Palm Beach County? Did she think it would be awesome to show up at an elementary school — presumably to pick up kids — in a golf cart with Toto?
If our database of all things Boca is correct, parents at this school were actually told last year to cool it with the golf carts — in the name of child safety. Simply put: nothing screams “safety” like a golf cart with unseatbelted kids on an open road where there are licensed and insured motor vehicles. And when it comes to school grounds, the last thing the school district wants is a lawsuit over liability when a car hits an uninsured golf cart — loaded with kids — that shouldn’t be there in first place. (See our earlier story from today: the school district is essentially being fined $350,000 by the DOJ in an unrelated matter).
But it’s not like people are driving golf carts on the road and the grass simultaneously. So there’s clearly nothing to worry about.
Have your own Boca Rudeton entry? Email us at news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
And we remind our readers: there is no expectation of privacy in a public place. Don’t want to be here? Don’t be Boca Rudeton!
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID-19: Boca, Delray Restaurant Horror Stories As CDC Says Eating Inside Is Bad Idea
- COVID-19 Reported In Boca Middle, Spanish River High, West Boca High
- Police Cam Captures Takedown Of Former Campaign Official
- Masks Still Required In Palm Beach County Schools
- CAUGHT ON TAPE: Man Beats Dog In Boynton Beach, Police Investigate
- STABBING ON THE HIGH SEAS: Florida Man Sentenced For Using Gun, Knife On Captain
- WEATHER: Palm Beach County May Feel Lows Around 70
- West Boca Raton High School Student Tests Positive For COVID-19
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive