BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We’re not huge fans of Facebook. While the idea of a global online community is great, the concept of profiting from other people’s intellectual property is not. We pulled BocaNewsNow.com from Facebook over a year ago when many were raising the same concerns. If there’s revenue from this site, we want it and we don’t want to share it.
The other reason we went dark on Facebook: we just don’t care what people have to say about our articles. We don’t mean to be mean, but let’s face it: this is a hobby — not a job — and there are only so many hours in a day. Commenting on other people’s comments about our articles just isn’t on the agenda.
That being said, tonight we are temporarily returning to see if things are any better in the world of likes and friends and hearts and emojis and hashtags and whatever else is around the corner.
You can friend us or like us (or hate us for that matter, all publicity is good publicity) at our incredibly unique Facebook name: BocaNewsNow. Not into Facebook either? No problem. We’re still here at BocaNewsNow.com. There were roughly 1200 of you who were liking or friending us before we pulled our Facebook page down back in 2015. You don’t need to friend us again — turns out you’re still there. And we’re still here. BocaNewsNow.com is a website — not a Facebook page. But now you can see us again where you see cats and puppies and whatever else gets you through the day.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation
- Boca Raton Man Charged With Driving During Zoom Court Hearing
- Florida’s Turnpike Remains Closed, Tractor Trailer Into Canal In Boynton Beach