BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — BocaNewsNow.com reported earlier this week on United Healthcare’s use of call centers in the Philippines. The major insurance provider is providing access to your health information to overseas workers — many of whom just can’t communicate in English. It appears their inability to communicate effectively in English is leading to misrepresentation of coverage when customers and providers (doctor’s offices) are calling with questions and verification requests.
We have tapes and transcripts which we’re not publishing yet, but would like to hear from you to learn if our repeated experiences are abnormal or what you are experiencing, too.
An initial look at messages sent to us from readers all over the country (United States, not the Philippines) indicates United Healthcare has a big problem on its hands. While other companies are making an effort to go American and hire more US workers, it seems United Healthcare is working against American workers by utilizing offshore contractors to do their jobs.
Tell us about your interaction with United Healthcare, its overseas call center and whether you were able to achieve resolution. And let us know if you too learned that every male United Healthcare phone rep in the Philippines is named “Travis,” and every female representative is “Mary!” (What are the odds?)
Send us your story by clicking here and scrolling down to the form.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- SIRENS: Poisoned In Polo Club, Dead In Boca Pointe, Traumatic Injury In Boca West,
- City of Boca Raton Street Parade Set For December 8th
- Boca Raton PD Investigates Fatal Crash On Yamato Road
- FEDCON1: Aaron Singerman Nearly 3 Times Legal Limit After Crashing Boat Multiple Times
- Palm Beach County Supervisor of Elections Is Hiring
- SIRENS: Dead In A Palm Beach Hotel, Crash On I-95, Fall At Olympic Heights High
- FLYING TODAY? JetBlue, United, Southwest All Reporting Delays Out Of Fort Lauderdale
- WEATHER: Stunning Days Ahead For Boca Raton, Delray Beach
- OMICRON: No Mask Change, Yet, For Palm Beach Schools