BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — BocaNewsNow.com reported earlier this week on United Healthcare’s use of call centers in the Philippines. The major insurance provider is providing access to your health information to overseas workers — many of whom just can’t communicate in English. It appears their inability to communicate effectively in English is leading to misrepresentation of coverage when customers and providers (doctor’s offices) are calling with questions and verification requests.
We have tapes and transcripts which we’re not publishing yet, but would like to hear from you to learn if our repeated experiences are abnormal or what you are experiencing, too.
An initial look at messages sent to us from readers all over the country (United States, not the Philippines) indicates United Healthcare has a big problem on its hands. While other companies are making an effort to go American and hire more US workers, it seems United Healthcare is working against American workers by utilizing offshore contractors to do their jobs.
Tell us about your interaction with United Healthcare, its overseas call center and whether you were able to achieve resolution. And let us know if you too learned that every male United Healthcare phone rep in the Philippines is named “Travis,” and every female representative is “Mary!” (What are the odds?)
Send us your story by clicking here and scrolling down to the form.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- GLADES ROAD CLOSES TONIGHT, WILL REMAIN CLOSED ALL WEEKEND LONG
- Your Escort Company May Have Just Been Busted By The Cops
- UBER SUED AFTER DELRAY BEACH CRASH
- OFFICIAL: Boca Raton Leaders Sworn-In During Organizational Meeting
- Homicide, Hit And Run Charges Filed Against Boca Raton Man
- TRAFFIC ALERT: GLADES ROAD TO COMPLETELY CLOSE AT I-95 ALL WEEKEND LONG
- Palm Beach County Lawyer Nabbed While Downloading Child Pornography
- MURDER IN WEST DELRAY BEACH, POLICE INVESTIGATING
- KINGS POINT DELRAY: More Arrests, More Often As Another Is Locked Up