UPDATE: Boynton Beach Police say the second man, originally reported as arrested by police, will not be charged.
BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boynton Beach Police have charged one man in connection with a kidnapping and robbery apparently initiated through the Grindr dating app. Read the affidavit of probable cause here. This is the developing statement from Boynton Beach Police:
We have just arrested two men who kidnapped and robbed a man they met using the dating app, Grindr. Detectives also recovered the victim’s dog, Coco, who was taken during the robbery. Detectives are looking for the third suspect. They believe that all 3 men are responsible for at least two other robberies of men they met on Grindr, and additional charges are pending. The suspects are identified as Vadol Reed, 22, of Boynton Beach, and Edward James Hamilton, Jr., 20, of Boynton Beach. Reed is charged with robbery with a firearm and kidnapping. He will be taken to the Palm Beach County Jail. Coco will be reunited with her owner very shortly.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- New Mask Policy In Palm Beach County School District
- ALLEGATION: Home Depot Botched $16K Storm Window Install, Ignoring Inspectors
- Woman Vomits In Town Center Mall Parking Lot, Is Charged With DUI
- COVID FLORIDA: Positivity Drops Into 4’s For First Time In Months, But Infections Rising
- Publix Ignores Maskless Woman As Stunned Shoppers Ask Her To Cover Mouth, Nose
- CLAIM: Inmate Stabbed In Cell, Boca Raton’s GEO Group Liable
- Mask Mandate Alive In Palm Beach County, Officials Say Cops May Enforce
- Tweets By Boca Raton Teacher About Guns, Masks, The Lord Under Scrutiny
- Firehouse Subs Boca Raton Cited By Health Inspector