UPDATE: Boynton Beach Police say the second man, originally reported as arrested by police, will not be charged.
BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boynton Beach Police have charged one man in connection with a kidnapping and robbery apparently initiated through the Grindr dating app. Read the affidavit of probable cause here. This is the developing statement from Boynton Beach Police:
We have just arrested two men who kidnapped and robbed a man they met using the dating app, Grindr. Detectives also recovered the victim’s dog, Coco, who was taken during the robbery. Detectives are looking for the third suspect. They believe that all 3 men are responsible for at least two other robberies of men they met on Grindr, and additional charges are pending. The suspects are identified as Vadol Reed, 22, of Boynton Beach, and Edward James Hamilton, Jr., 20, of Boynton Beach. Reed is charged with robbery with a firearm and kidnapping. He will be taken to the Palm Beach County Jail. Coco will be reunited with her owner very shortly.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- BIG JUMP: Now 22 COVID Infections In Palm Beach County Schools
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Aggravated Assault With Deadly Weapon Charge
- COVID-19: Boca, Delray Restaurant Horror Stories As CDC Says Eating Inside Is Bad Idea
- COVID-19 Reported In Boca Middle, Spanish River High, West Boca High
- Police Cam Captures Takedown Of Former Campaign Official
- Masks Still Required In Palm Beach County Schools
- CAUGHT ON TAPE: Man Beats Dog In Boynton Beach, Police Investigate
- STABBING ON THE HIGH SEAS: Florida Man Sentenced For Using Gun, Knife On Captain
- WEATHER: Palm Beach County May Feel Lows Around 70