UPDATE: Boynton Beach Police say the second man, originally reported as arrested by police, will not be charged.
BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boynton Beach Police have charged one man in connection with a kidnapping and robbery apparently initiated through the Grindr dating app. Read the affidavit of probable cause here. This is the developing statement from Boynton Beach Police:
We have just arrested two men who kidnapped and robbed a man they met using the dating app, Grindr. Detectives also recovered the victim’s dog, Coco, who was taken during the robbery. Detectives are looking for the third suspect. They believe that all 3 men are responsible for at least two other robberies of men they met on Grindr, and additional charges are pending. The suspects are identified as Vadol Reed, 22, of Boynton Beach, and Edward James Hamilton, Jr., 20, of Boynton Beach. Reed is charged with robbery with a firearm and kidnapping. He will be taken to the Palm Beach County Jail. Coco will be reunited with her owner very shortly.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: New Tropical Wave East Of Florida May Grow
- West Boca, Delray Medical Centers Restrict Visitors
- PALM BEACH SCHOOL TEACHERS: “We’ll Reward Kids Who Wear Masks”
- COVID CRISIS FLORIDA: State Reports Another 16,935 Infections, 140 Deaths
- ARMED ROBBERY OUTSIDE TOWN CENTER MALL: Boca Raton Police Investigate
- UPDATE: Hurricane Center Now Says Two Systems Forming
- LAWSUIT: Don’t Burn The Body! Boca Raton Woman Set For Cremation, Son Says Stop…
- Daniel Porush, “Wolf Of Boca Raton,” Jailed On DUI Charge
- FLORIDA: At Least 40 Children Admitted To Hospitals For COVID On Monday